Help You

The club was so crowded that the smell of sweat and booze filled the air. That didn't usually bother me, but that time it was pretty nauseating. It wasn't just the air that disgusted me, but what my eyes were witnessing. Alex was a few feet away from me, surrounded by people, as usual. I don't know how he did it, but he always managed to hang out with his "friends" or as Kevin liked to call them "those people."

"He's drunk as fuck." I turned and found Kevin behind me. He had his eyes fixed in the direction where Alex was standing. I knew that made him just as uncomfortable as it made me.

"Do you think if we tell him we're leaving he'll agree to come with us yet?" I asked without looking away from the crowd of people.

Kevin sighed "I don't know, but I guess we have to try."

He started walking, and I followed behind him until I reached his level. After we made our way through the crowd, we got to where Alex was. He was sitting on some sort of couch, had his sunglasses on, and had a couple of beads of sweat running down his face.

"AJ, get up. We're leaving." Kevin said, giving Alex's leg a little kick with his instep.

"You guys can leave if you want, but I'm staying." He took a sip from a bottle of Jack Daniel 's he was holding. "It's only twelve o'clock now. The party really starts to get going around two."

Kevin closed his eyes for a moment and sighed. "AJ, it's already two in the morning. Quarter past two, in fact."

Alex arched an eyebrow. "Oh, really?" Then he laughed. "Fuck... I'm so drunk."

Kevin's expression denoted that he was running out of patience. "Alex, I'm not going to tell you again. We're leaving. Right now. If you don't get up and walk out that door yourself, I'll drag you in there."

Alex snorted. "Fuck, okay...You've got a bit of a shitty temper, Kevy Kev." Kevin didn't even deign to answer him. " Oh, but one thing. I was supposed to stay over at a guy's house and he's at the party, so I guess I can't leave yet..."

Just as Kevin was about to give him what probably would have been the slap of his life, I stepped forward a step and spoke up. "You can stay at my place. I have a spare bed."

Alex looked at me. I think he had just realized I was there. After looking at me for a few seconds, he sighed and got up from the couch, wobbling a little. "All right, whatever you guys want. Let's go."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////