Coincidence

I'm sitting in the front seat of my friend Heather's car. Ten minutes ago I was lying peacefully on the couch in my living room, watching Friends when she called me to ask me to go somewhere with her. As much as I asked, she wouldn't tell me where she wanted to go. But since I'm a good friend (and she's very insistent) I decided to go with her.

"Are you going to tell me where we are going or not?" I ask turning my head to look at her.

"No, not yet. Can't you wait a couple more minutes? We're getting there." Heather replies without taking her eyes off the road.

" Well, considering you practically kidnapped me to come with you, it would be nice of you to tell me."

"No, no. I didn't kidnap you. You're here of your own free will. But since you're so annoying, I'll tell you; we're going to see a psychic."

I open my eyes in surprise. "You're kidding right?" She just shakes her head. " No shit, Heather.""What's the problem?"

"Well, the whole psychic, fortune teller, Tarot and all that bullshit is just that, bullshit. A bunch of crap that people make up."

Heather rolls her eyes as she stops the car to park. "See? That's why I didn't tell you until now. You're so closed-minded. I've been here a couple of times before, and they're always right with their predictions. Come on, trust me."

Sigh. "Well, okay. It's ridiculous, but alright."

Five minutes later, I find myself inside a dimly lit room. Heather has entered one of the rooms, leaving me alone. "I can't believe I'm doing this..." I think as I knock on the door.

"Come in!" a voice calls out. I enter the room and see a middle-aged woman with maroon hair and tacky dressing sitting at a large circular table. "Oh, there you are. Come in dear, come in." I enter closing the door behind me. I look carefully at the room I'm in. "Would you like something? Coffee, tea, some cookies?" The woman's voice brings me back to reality.

"No, don't worry. I'm fine." I reply.

"Well, sit down then." I hesitate for a few seconds before moving forward to the table, sitting down near her. "My name is Madame Mabayo, and I hope I can help you clarify your future."

" Yeah, right." I glance for a few seconds at the table, which is empty save for a couple of teacups, one of them with a lipstick stain on the edge. "Shouldn't you have a crystal ball or something? To...clarify the future?"