Rain

Sundays are usually very calm days. The only really important thing I do is go grocery shopping. Well, actually it's the only really important thing we do. Eight times out of ten, Howie comes with me. The other two times he's either not home, or he's sleeping until late (And yes, I could wake him up, but he works so hard and so much that I don't like to break up those quiet moments. If he wants to sleep, let him sleep). But I like it when he joins me, because it's more enjoyable that way. Besides, I need someone to reach for the milk on the shelf, or at least to pull me up so I can get it (OK, he's not very tall, but he's certainly taller than me).

As we wait to pay, I feel his hand take mine and our fingers intertwine. I look at him smiling, and he lightly kisses my forehead, so I feel myself blushing. He chuckles softly and whispers to me that I'm so cute. I giggle and lean my head against his chest for a few seconds.

Minutes later, we leave the store, each of us carrying a bag and still holding hands. We haven't taken the car, because we only live about ten minutes from the grocery store, so we usually walk there and back. But this time the sky is completely covered with clouds, heralding a possible storm. And although we walk quickly, we can't avoid it starting to rain when we're still halfway home.

As the raindrops begin to fall, I stop for a second. Ever since I was a little girl, rain has fascinated me. It seemed to me even more beautiful than the sun. And so, for nothing in particular, I start to spin around on myself. I spin, jump and laugh as the rain soaks my hair and clothes. Suddenly, I look over at Howie and can't help but laugh as I see his expression of shock. I spin around a couple more times on myself, fixing my eyes on him again.

Then, he laughs softly as he shakes his head and sets the bag down on the sidewalk. He walks over to me and wraps his arm around my waist and takes my hand. We smile at each other and for a few seconds, we dance in the rain. Then I take him by the hands, making us start spinning.

"You're crazy, you know that?" He says laughing as he hugs me again.

"Of course I know that. But you love me anyway." I say brushing his nose against mine.

""Of course I love you. How could I not." He whispers as his hand is placed on the back of my neck, bringing my mouth to his.

This is quite shorter, but I think it's really cute anyway :)