1.

Crystal Renee Hayslett

I am a 30 year old mom and entrepreneur. I am a physical therapist with my own practice and i own 2 clinics in Atlanta and 2 in Houston. I have a 11 year old son who is the light of my life. His name is Kairen Amani Hayslett. He is the funniest kid in the world and he definitely gets his mouth from me because i say anything that comes to mind. His dad, Robert, is in his life. Now. When i first got pregnant Robert denied his son since he was a football player when we were in college. And of course that was the reason we broke up. For the first 4 years of Kai's life i raised him on my own. I'm pretty sure the only reason Rob is in Kai's life right now is because he got hurt playing his senior year of college. You know, blow to the head that might've knocked some sense into him. Of course i wasn't going to keep my son from his asshole father because a boy needs his father even though he hasn't been much of a father. Robert is only around when it's convenient. And when he is around all he talks about is football. I think he's trying to live out his dream through Kai. When it's not football season we don't see much of Robert because he's always with his wife who can't stand me for some reason. Me on the other hand, i've been single for about 2 years now. My last relationship ended because niggas ain't shit, point blank period. Let's just say he wanted to be free so i freed him.

Saturday, September 9, Hayslett Residence

"Kai! come here!" I yelled as i was scrolling through my phone while sitting on the couch.

"Yes mom?"

"Can you pass me a water please?"

"You called me down here for that? be for real dude"

"boy go do what i said before i knock your teeth to the back of your throat" i said perking up and he ran into the kitchen and brought me a water bottle.

"thank you son" i said as i was smiling

"you're welcome. actually mom i wanted to talk to you about something"

I put my phone down and look at him, "okay what is it?"

"i want to try out for the basketball team this year. Tryouts are next week"

"that's fine with me, what about football?"

"i mean i like football but i only played because of Robert"

Kai doesn't call Robert dad because he's never seen him as a father. I don't push it because i agree, Robert acts like Kai is his little brother which is crazy to me.

"Okay, so are you going to quit football?"

"yes but i don't want Robert to get mad"

"he won't trust me, i got you"

"thanks mom" he says as he hugs me

"of course buddy"

Kai goes back upstairs and i attempt to call Robert but he didn't answer. Typical. I'll just leave it alone for now.

On Monday i woke up in a good mood. I got Kai up and ready for school, fed, and we were out the door for the day. When i dropped Kai off i noticed he went in with 2 new kids, as well as what looked like a teacher. Kai isn't a friendly kid, he doesn't like anyone so he usually went in by himself. It's good to see he was possibly making friends. Now the teacher? i've never seen him before. but I mean from the back i could tell he was fine.

I went to work and like any other day i was greeted by my best friend/assistant, Bria.

"heyy boo" Bria said greeting me with a smile i know all too well

I sigh, "what did you break now?"

"who said i broke something?"

"you always breaking shit, how much is it gonna cost cause this time it's coming out of your check"