11.

Thursday,
Sutton Middle School,
6:30pm

Today, the boys had their first game and they won by 11 points. Kairen had 17 points for the game and TJ had 10 points for the game. Most of the people had already left, there were just a few families talking outside. After Devale cleared the gym out, he got everything he needed and locked everything up, and he went outside to find Crystal and Kairen.

"what's up beautiful?" Devale said with a smile

"stop flirting with my mama" Kairen said

"boy hush, hello D" Crystal said

"where Bria and T? they left already?"

"yea they did"

"oh okay bet, yall wanna go get something to eat? Devale asked

"hell yea can we go get pizza?"

"Kairen" Crystal said sternly

"my bad mom, but it's just us"

"at home sir"

"okay im sorry"

"is pizza fine with you Devale?" Crystal asked

"hell yea" Devale responded

"stop influencing my child" she hit the back of his head

"mom that be you cussing like that, i got it from you"

"no the hell i don't"

"see"

"Kairen Amani Hayslett, leave me the hell alone before you don't have the vocal cords to cuss period"

"just chill Kai" Devale said

"get in the car boy, you can follow us Devale"

"alright bet" Devale opened Crystals door before going to his car.

Fellinis Pizza

When they pulled up they went in, got seated, and ordered their food and drinks.

"i have questions for the both of you" Kairen stated

"what question Kai?" Crystal asked

"about your friendship/relationship or whatever it is"

"alright shoot" Devale said

"so are you guys in a relationship?"

"not officially" Crystal said

"what she said, but i do like your mom a lot. and im positive this will develop into a relationship. how does that make you feel?" Devale asked and Crystal smiled at Devale taking Kaiden's feelings in consideration.

"honestly, i hated mom dating because it always ended in her getting heartbroken, and i hated seeing her hurt. but ive seen how much she's been smiling lately so ive been okay with it. and when you came to me asking if i was comfortable with you asking her on a date it confused me. no one ever did that before so i talked to pop about it and he helped me understand. that's why i respect you so much and it made me even more okay with you two."