19.

Christmas Eve,
Ellis Residence,
5:23pm.

"babe!" Crystal called out, lying on the bed

"what's up?" he said coming from the bathroom.

"your sons asked if we can go see christmas lights"

"yea we can, tell em we leaving at 6"

"okay, in the mean time come lay with me" Fatima texted Kairen and put her phone down. Devale walked over to the bed and got in cuddling with Crystal.

"I love you" Crystal said

"i love you too baby"

"how are you feeling?"

"i'm feeling good actually. i usually hate the holidays as you know, but having you and the boys makes my heart full"

"good. i'm so happy you got your son, both of them. Seeing you in father mode is such a beautiful thing to watch. I see everyday some habits that you have made, are trickling down onto Kai and Bud. Also, for you to grow up without your father, you're doing a damn good job"

Devale smiled, "why you saying all the right things to me right now?"

"im just giving you your flowers. i don't want you to ever think you aren't being a good father or a good man because you are. You are a great future husband and i fall in love with you all over again everyday. You never fail to go above and beyond for our family and i love you for it"

"you trynna make a thug cry?"

"boy you know you be crying hush"

he chuckles, "nah but for real thank you baby. and i could say the same about you. you're a great mother and all around person. i'm glad you accepted Bud off rip and helped me with him."

"why wouldn't i? you took Kai under your wing with no hesitation"

"i know but im just saying. you are an amazing woman, like im so blessed. the things you do for us are very appreciated trust me. and they way you are with Bud after i'm sure he hasn't experienced the love of a mother is heartwarming. I thought he would've been scared of you but you made him feel safe cause he doesn't let you go now"

"i love him, he's a mini you. he's the smartest little boy in the world given his circumstances and he's hilarious just like his daddy"

"i might start crying i wont lie"

The door opens quickly, "dad Kai beat me in the game" Devin said getting in the bed

"so? you suck at the game" Devale told him

"that's not fair tho!"

"why you snitching?" Kairen said coming in the room and laying next to Crystal

"be quiet Kai, dad he cheated"

"i didn't cheat, dad is the only one that cheats on the game"

"can both of yall be quiet? damn" Devale said

"that's a bad word" Devin said

"damn is not a bad word" Kairen said

"yes it is, dad he said a bad word"

"i heard him, stop cussing around your brother"

"but you said i coul-

"Kairen listen to your father"

"now look, yall need to stop snitching on each other, Ellises don't snitch on each other. You are your brothers keeper. if i hear one of yall snitched on the other, yall both gone have to wear the same t shirt together for a whole day. got me?"