20.

A year and half Later,
Wednesday June 12, 2025.

Over the past year and some change, some things have happened. Kairen graduated from middle school and Devin is going to 4th grade. After Christmas, Bria found out she actually was pregnant and they now have a ten month old baby boy named Elijah (EJ) and are engaged. Devale and Crystal recently got married in February and they have been on a high since. They also bought a new 2.5 million dollar 6 bed , 4.5 bath home almost a year ago.

Since it's the summer time, the boys are busy with summer basketball. Because Devale doesn't like being apart from Crystal, she is their team trainer so she travels with them. She temporarily left the clinic to one of her day one employees who is running it very well. Bria and EJ also travel with them sometimes. Devale also made Alonzo one of his teams coach since he has great knowledge.

In present time, this week is one of the weeks everyone gets a break. No one has any games, only practices. It is also the week of Kairens 13th birthday. Originally he didn't want to do anything because when he learned that his now best friend, Dallas, won't be in town, he didn't want to do anything. But Devale and Crystal planned a surprise for him. Since Kairen loves video games, the rented out a gaming lounge.

it is about 2pm in the afternoon and the boys were asleep with Crystal in her and Devales room. Devale was in the man cave with Alonzo watching baseball games, talking, and drinking beer.

"pops what happened to Ms. Shirley?" Devale asked Alonzo

"aw hell naw"

"oh shit what happened?"

"she think she 32 and not 62"

"aw hell naw"

"exactly"

Devales alarm goes off.

"shit!"

"what's that?"

"i gotta go wake up your daughter"

"why you have to do it?"

"cause the alarm gives her a headache, so i do it. and she hates being awaken and im not there"

"she sure has been sleeping a lot lately"

"that's normal, she'll sleep all day if she could"

"true"

Devale went upstairs and into their bedroom. He shook his head and took a picture of them sprawled out in the bed. He carefully moved Devin to the other side by Kairen without waking him. The now 9 year old was up to Devales shoulder in height and he was solid. Devale got into the bed and kissed all over Crystals face slowly waking her.

"wake up mama"

"nooo, 10 more minutes" She said hugging Devale

"you're gonna be mad if i let you, come on i made lunch"

"that's all you had to say, im coming"

He kissed her lips, "i love you"

"i love you too handsome" she rubbed his beard and they both got out of the bed.

"your food is in the microwave and pops is here too we're in the mancave"

"okay ill be down there"

20 minutes later.

"so he doesn't know?" Alonzo asked Devale and Crystal

"no he doesn't, he thinks we're just going out to dinner. and he's been in a pissy mood" Crystal explained