2.

Crystal

"when i tell you fine, i mean fine. Like he got everything. tall, handsome, good with kids, ringless, and my lawd the muscles. i don't have to worry about him struggling trying to pick me up and throw me against the wall honey!" i said sitting in my desk chair imagining my future husband

"damn girl! i ain't never seen you this geeked about a man" Bria said who was sitting across from me on the other side of the desk

"im telling you he different, and if he don't shoot his shot, i will cause ain't no way im letting that man think about another bitch"

"you just met him and your obsessed side is already coming out"

"yea i don't care, that's my man ain't you can't tell me shit about it. but when he do ask me out imma play hard to get. see if he's up for the challenge"

"as you should, cause these niggas these days don't like to chase no more"

"exactly they the mains ones that want to be chased. but if he's a chaser, i might let him catch me" i said sticking out my tongue

"periadddd"

"and the tryouts are today, imma go watch my lil baby do his thang. but imma also watch my man too. and if any other moms look at him any kind of way, i ain't afraid of popping shit"

"omg what are we going to do with you. that man gone be scared cause you crazy as hell"

"something tells me he can handle it"

Sutton Middle School, 3:45pm

I just made it to the school since try outs start at 4 i wanted to get there a little early to give Kai his gatorade and waters. as well as have our pep talk.

"what are we going to do today?" i say

"be first in everything" Kai responded

"are we going to get frustrated when we mess up?"

"no frustration fucks up your focus"

"good, and what's the most important thing we do"

"have fun"

"good job, ain't non of these kids better than you. go out there and show out. and if anybody got sum to say, tell them yo mama fights kids"

"mom you gotta stop acting crazy"

"ain't nobody acting, now go before i fight you. i love you"

"i love you too mom" he says with a hug and he goes out to the court. 

Just then my husband came into the gym wearing a sleeveless black shirt, some black and grey basketball shorts and some jordan 11s. He was looking down at the clipboard he had in hand before looking up at the kids. He then found my eyes staring at him and he smiled so i smiled back. As it got closer to 4, he instructed the boys that they warm-up before getting started. By the time they were done stretching most of the parents had showed up and they got started.

For the whole hour and a half i would catch my husband staring at me more than a few times. i mean i can't complain because i was staring at him too with his fine tail self. Other than staring at that fine piece of man i did cheer my sonshine on. He was killing the drills, i never realized how good he was at basketball because he played football so much.