17.

Hayslett Residence.

After hearing the shots go off, Crystal was hysterical. Mama Sal told her to get to get to hospital asap.

"Kairen!! KAIREN!" Crystal yelled while also crying

"what mom?" Kairen said with an attitude coming down the stairs. He quickly grew concerned when he saw his mother crying.

"put your shoes on we need to go to the hospital NOW!"

Kairen went back up stairs putting his jacket and shoes on and running down the stairs. They both ran out of the house, got in the car and sped off to the hospital.

"mom, what happened?" Kairen asked

"he has to be okay" Crystal whispered. "lord please let my husband be okay"

"mom!"

"your dad, he got shot"

"what!?" tears began coming down his face

"i don't know okay! i just need him to be okay"

Meanwhile, The ambulance had just arrive at the hospital. They rushed Devale in and when seeing the extent of his injuries, they rushed him to surgery. Mama Sal and Devin came in and asked the desk about him and they told her he was in surgery. 5 minutes later, Crystal and Kairen show up. Kairen greeted Sal who was pacing the floor then sat down. Crystal also hugged her and asked her about what the doctors said.

"they didn't tell me anything they just said he's in surgery right now"

On the other hand..

Devin had his head tucked into his knees. "i want my daddy" he said to himself

"me too" Kairen said looking up at the ceiling.

"did your daddy get hurt?" Devin asked looking over to Kairen.

"yea he did. i just wish i could hug him right now"

"me too"

"it's okay, your dad will be fine"

"yea yours too...do you like spider-man?"

"yea i do i love spider-man"

"my daddy liked spider man too. we were getting spider-man toys today"

"my dad got me a bunch of spider man things, he got me this keychain. i never go without it" Kairen showed him the keychain that was in his pocket.

"woah that's so cool"

"maybe you should tell your dad to get you one"

"i will! crap i have to pee"

"where's your mom?"

"um i don't like mommy. my nana's right there" Devin pointed to Sal

"come on" Kairen offered his hand and Devin took it. They went up to Sal and Crystal who were talking.

"um he has to pee is it okay if i take him?" Kairen asked.

"hi Ms.Crystal" Devin said waving

"hi Devin"

Sal and Crystal looked at the boys then back at each other then back at the boys.

"yea go ahead, come right back" Sal said

"yes ma'am" Kairen replied and they walked away to the restroom.

"damn" Crystal cursed

"you think either one of them said anything"