8.

Since the events that took place Wednesday Night, Crystal got a call saying Robert was taken to jail the following morning after she sent the videos from her home cameras to authorities. Unfortunately, he was out midday Thursday since his wife got him out. Since then Devale has been very protective over Kairen and Crystal. Even though they did go back home, he was still calling and checking on them when Kairen wasn't at school and he texted Crystal all day.

Additionally, Kairen did start practicing again and it was like he never left. Devale bought him some ankle braces and some high top shoes so injuries were less likely for him.

Friday,
5:43 pm
Alonzo's home.

Crystal and Alonzo were in the kitchen talking while Kairen was in his room likely playing his games. Crystal brought him over because he actually asked to stay with his grandpa for the weekend.

"Is man man okay though?" Alonzo asked

"yes, i talked to him. you know i don't hide things from him so i told him the situation. he's mature for his age and he understood why Devale did what he did. he said it didn't change anything about they way he saw Devale because he would've done the same thing" She explained

"okay good, but you know imma have to kill that nigga right?"

"dad that's still Kairens sperm donor."

"i don't care who he is, he has it coming. but for you and man man, ill relax. just don't let him try something again cause that's the day a bullet is getting signed with his name"

"i know, i know"

"so tell me about Devale" Crystal smiled at the mention of him.

"like i told you he's Kai's basketball coach. but he did ask me out, or told me out? anyways he's a good guy. he's very sweet not only to me but to Kairen."

"okay but what do you KNOW about him" Alonzo asked. typically Crystal liked guys but didn't know much about them.

"Well, he and his brother pretty much grew up with his grandmother because his parents passed when they were young. He's from Brooklyn. His birthday is April 2nd. He played football in high school. He played basketball overseas and his favorite player is Kobe. He actually likes golf, it's weird how much you both are alike. He hates watermelon. Oh! he's a God fearing man, in church on sundays, he prays with me in the mornings over the phone. His favorite color is purple, like me. He is obsessed with Luther Vandross, like bad. He's a R&B old head. He's quick to say what's on his mind, once again like me. Actually he's very talented, he can play the piano, guitar, and the violin. He can also draw and paint very well. He writes poetry, he sends me a poem that he writes almost every hour-"

"sweetheart, i got it. it seems like you know a lot."

"i didn't even get to how he treats Kai like that's his own son. He's done more for Kai than Robert ever did."

"i can definitely see that. i'd like to meet him soon"

"if you came to church with us you'd meet him"

"you know i don't go to nobody church mooks"

"okay fine then, come to sunday dinner at my house"

"that i can do, just let me know what time"

"i will" Crystals phone rings. "oop it's my man. i gotta go love you dad" she said standing up and going to the bottom of the stairs, "you gone, love you too mooks" Crystal answers the phone, "hold on Devale, Kairen! i'm leaving! i love you son!"

Kairen come downstairs and hugs Crystal, "bye mom i love you too" She kissed his forehead and went outside to her car. "okay, Hey Devale"

"what's up beautiful, what you doing?"