24. What a gown

Some weeks had passed by and the love of Callie and Candle was blooming like a spring rose. Helia didn't take it well first, but when he realized that Candle truly made his sister happy, he accepted it.
It was winter. Snow covered everything. For Solaria this was a pretty hard time, the first normal winter on Solaria, ever. This was the first time that snow has touched the grounds of Solaria. So Stella ordered a winter fest to fill the people's heart with love and joy.
At Alfea the students were training really hardcore to take down Donovan. Callie was sitting by the wall of the training room and Bloom walked up to her.
"What's the matter?" Bloom asked her.
"I was just thinking, how do you celebrate Christmas?" Callie asked.
    "Here, it's called Winterfest, we have a mascarade ball at the Magix  National Operahouse." Bloom smiled at her.
    "That sounds nice." Callie nodded.
    "Last years Stella and Brandon were the Ice Queen and King." Bloom giggled.
    "Do you think Candle would ask me out?" Callie asked.
     "You've been together for a month now, I suppose that's the bare minimum." Bloom smiled at her.
     "Well yeah, I suppose." Callie smiled back at her.

  At his castle Donovan and the alive ones of the Trix were planning their attack.
     "Stormy, Darcy!" he called for them.
     "Yes, master?"
     "At the ball, we kill her. In the dark of night." Donovan smirked.
     "In the dark of the night evil will find her." Stormy said.
     "She'll be gone. I can feel that my powers are slowly returning. Tie my sash and a dash of cologne for that smell. As the pieces fall into place. I'll see her crawl into place." Donovan laughed.
     "In the dark of the night terror will strike her!" Darcy smiled.
     "Terror's the least I can do!" Donovan gave her a crazy look "Soon she will feel that her nightmares are real."
     "Hahaha!" the sisters bursted out in laughing.

  At Alfea the students were so excited for the ball. The girls were booking the hairdressers, nail and makeup artists. They were rubbing out the prom dress boutiques and the cosmeticians of Magix were booked for the next 20 years.
  Callie was walking by in the gardens of the school when the Howl landed in front of her.
     "Who's dieing again?" she rolled her eyes, but when it opened she became excited.
Candle walked up to her and welcomed her in his muscular arms.
     "My love, how I have missed you." she kissed him.
     "The moon couldn't shine prettier than you, my sweat butterfly!" he kissed her back.
      "To what can I thank your visit?" Callie took his hands.
      "Will you do me of honour of coming with me to the ball?" he asked.
      "Yes, of course!" she jamp into his arms once again.
       "Then I'll pick you up by 10 PM." he winked at her and ran back to the Howl.
Callie was jumping and dancing around in happines.

  In her room Callie was looking around her haute cotoure designs for a dress, but none of them stood out for her likeness.
      "FUCK!" she shouted.
      "What's wrong?" Flora walked into the room."
      "I can't find a bloody dress." Callie cried "Candle asked me out for the ball." she said.
      "Well, today I'm going for a thrifting spree, the brand new dresses are too expensive, wanna come with me?" Flore offered her company.
"Yes, that would be nice." she smiled at her.

After the unsuccesful shopping spree Callie was even more stressed out than before. Someone knocked on her door. It swung open and Helia walked in.
"Helia! What are you doing here?" she asked.
"Flora toled me you couldn't find a dress." he smiled at her and gave her a big red box.
"What's this?" Callie looked at the box.
"It was mother's." Helia smiled as she opened the box.
There was a pin long silk dress with pure gold embordiery. Lines of pearls were swinging around the dress and hundreads of magical gems decorated it's bodice.
"Wow." Callie's jaw droppee.
"Try it on." Helia smiled at her.
Callie ran to her bathroom and quickly tried the dress on. She looked like a true princess. Her brother's jaw dropped as she walked up to him.
"You look beautiful." he shed a tear.
"It smells like mother, pure orange rose." Callie smiled.
"How do you remember what she had smelled like?" Helia asked as he sat down.
"I don't know, getting in this dress brought up so many memories from my baby age." Callie smiled.
"Like what?" he asked with glittering eyes.
"I remember that...someone... you or mother holds me safe and warm. Horses prance trough a silver storm, and in the ballroom of the solarian palace, people are dancing gracefully." she shed a tear too.
"It was the Winter Fest of Solaria, days before the Ancestral Witches attacked the kingdom." Helia's eyes darkened.
"Helia, I know I didn't grow up with you and our parents, but in this past one year you were more a father to me than anyone else." Callie kneeled down and held his hands.
The door swung open and Flora walked in.
"Callie, babe! We should go." Flora said -"Oh my, Callie, you look marvellous. Candle will jump out of his pants." Flora giggled and Callie smiled at her.

Flora and Helia walked down the stairs. Callie was still standing at the top of the stairs, looking down at all the fairies and specialists. Candle was standing by the bottom of the stairs, waiting for her. She took off her cape and the crystals on her dress started shining brighter than the stars of Solaria. Candle was amazed by her beauty. She walked down the long stairs gracefully and smiled at Candle.
"Hello!" she smiled at him.
"You look gorgeous." he smiled back at her and kissed her."
"And now let me present you the Queen of Solaria, the Guardian Fairy of the Planet of Stars, Queen Stella of Solaria!" said the announcer.
Everyone bowed down while Stella walked down the stairs in ther gold ballgown. She was holding hands with her new fiancé, Brandon.
"Your Majesty!" Callie smiled at her.
"I'm gald to see you, with your new boyfriend." Stella winked at her.
"As I see that big ring isn't just for show, Stella!" the winx girls walked up to them.
"When did you want to tell us that you had gotten engaged?" Musa asked.
"I missed you too, girls!" Stella smiled at them as her eyes turned glassy.
"Oh don't cry!" Aisha hugged her tight.

Meanwhile the fairies were partying Donovan and the Witches arrived to the area of Alfea Castle.
"I can't wait to hunt that little bug down." Darcy said.
"And what now?" Stormy asked the master.
"We'll go to a party." he smirked.
"What happened to the killing?" Darcy asked.
"That's where we'll kill her. Then I'll get the last Sun of Solaria and I'll be the greatest wizard of them all." he laughed.