29.

I heard a knock on my office door

I heard a knock on my office door. It must be my second-in-command.

"Come in." I called out and the person came in was indeed my right hand man. He came in and shut the door behind him before standing in front of my desk.

"You called boss." He said bowing down to me. He stood up after I motioned for him to stand up.

"I want you to get let them let them get their memory of the big experiment back. And get the jet ready, we're going to New York." I said with a dark smirk and my second smirked too.

" I said with a dark smirk and my second smirked too

"I think Ezra's gonna win. Sure, Luca has the potential to beat him, but Ezra always beats him." Vin said. Everyone agreed with Vin.

We were all in a car driving to the school talking about who was going to win the Mafia games. It was now 4. 30 pm and the games start 5 pm.

We had to come early because the Russo family are holding the games even though the oldies left for a long time.

I feel like I'm Angelo's daughter. His been treating me equal to his daughter and his become like a father model to me. I'm really happy that he wasn't another asshole and actually cared about his children and family more than anything.

I'm glad the triplets have a family who they can rely on. Especially Angela. I know it's hard for her to trust people. But ever since her family took them in they've changed a lot and have more control of their anger than they've ever had. They were always so reckless and never cared about anything. Skipping classes, getting arrested, doing drugs and getting wasted. Although they've done less of that since Angie gave birth to the twins who became the light of our world.

Even I and our other friends have changed. The triplets are like my brothers and sister. They've always been there for me and I'll always be there for them no matter what.

I'm thankful that I have someone who actually thinks of me as his daughter and cares for me even though we aren't blood related. I haven't had that much of a father model ever since my father was killed by him. Except Adonis who's treated me and the others as his kids.

I was cut out of my thoughts by the car getting to a stop. I looked out only to see we've arrived at the school and Luca and Angie were bickering by per usual.

I rolled my eyes at the both and grabbed Luca's hand dragging him out the car. The two always bicker but what's surprised me is that they have a really strong bond. It's like nothing can break it and it's seriously shocking how the two that hated each other now are the closest. Except Marco who is of course the closest to Angela.

When I began to realize that I liked Luca, I was honestly scared for Angela to find out because they didn't like each other at that time. Now they can't even stand in the same room without bickering like two five-year-olds siblings arguing about a toy.

We all went in and met up with our friends. After talking and chatting for a bit Luca and Ezra left to get ready for the games, while the rest of us went to the biggest gym at the school where the game sis being held.

We found a seat at the first row where we could get good view of everything.

There were 27 heirs that are competing and eight best fighters. The games they were competing in were shooting, hacking, torturing, throwing daggers and hand to hand combat at the end.

They will be split into five different groups that are competing against each other, then the winner of that group competes with the other groups winner. It continues like that till there is two left. And those two will be fighting each other till one of them passes out.

I heard last year's winner was Marco who had a streak of six years in a row. That's why he is mostly one of the judges of the game.

Half an hour passes by and by now the gym is jam packed. There are over 15 000 people here and just 6% of them are children from the ages of 1-10.

After the speech Angelo held and everyone cheering the games finally started. All of them were split into different rooms with cameras for us to see in five big screens.

We watched as Luca won on the shooting range over all the others and their family were humiliated but tried to hide it with an emotionless face.

Inside I was dying of joy for my boyfriend. But on the outside I kept a blank face since I have a reputation to hold onto, especially now that everyone in the underground knows who I am.

Word travels fast in the underground world.

Ezra won too on the group he was on, the English mafia heir and Irish as well as Will who is the best fighter in another school.

The games continued till there were only two people left. Luca and Ezra. Like last year, they are the last ones who are going to have hand in hand combat.

We watched as the two best friends fought. Like me and Angela, they both grew up together and have a strong bond.

They kept going back and forth, both of them bleeding severely with their heavy punches, and breathing heavily as they circled.

Right before any of them could get a hit in the intercom came on confusing them everyone. We all listened as an ear bleeding sound came out of the intercom.

That wasn't the only thing. There was something more to it making my head hurt so much like I was getting smashed with a hammer repeatedly. My ears were ringing as I covered them trying to stop the ringing and the headache. I shut my eyes tight trying not to scream because that will make me look weak to the others.

I fell of my chair and I noticed other people also falling of their chairs. Some of them passed out but none screamed.

At the end it couldn't take it anymore and black dots appeared taking over my vision as I let the darkness consume me.

The last thing I saw was Angela falling down beside me, seconds after me.

1096 words