Last chapter

Four months later

Four months later

"Mummy, it's our birthday and we're two today." Aurora said cheerfully speaking with Angela.

I watched as the twins talked about what they did today and are going to do to their mother.

It's been four months since everything changed. The day my best friend, soulmate and sister got into a coma.

She was attached to a bunch of wires, breathing tube, an IV and a heart monitor. They already took out the respirator. Her wounds have healed already.

Her toned skin was as pale as a paper and she had dark circles under her eyes. She looked so peaceful in her sleep. I'm wondering how she has it?

It's hard to see the person whom cares for you and practically raised you, even though we were the same age, being in a position like this.

She was always there for me and I never thought that this would ever happen. I always thought that I'd die before here even though it may seem selfish, but I never wanted to see her like this.

I cried every night and came to visit her. My heart aches every time I see her and that I could have been the one in her place but she took that bullet without hesitating for a second.

I hate taking over her position in the mafia. It is her empire that she built her self from ashes and dust. It doesn't t feel right. I don't know how to manage a whole empire, not without the help of my bitch.

And the fact that her kids don't have a mother to take care of them anymore hurts even more. She loved them more than anything and that's why I take of them and promise to always be there for them.

She promised that she would always be there for me and I wanted her here with me, to be there when I give birth. I'm already seven months in and it shows a lot as I have a big bump. Never knew being pregnant with this hard.

I was released from the hospital a month after the mafia war. The doctors told me that everything was fine and that the baby would be fine.

I found out the gender and it was a boy. I'm so happy and Luca is over the moon after he found out about it. Everyone were overjoyed and happy for me, but I could still see they were still devastated about Angela.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Adan who said something.

"I hope you will wake up from your sleep, mummy. I miss you." He said.

"Me too. I miss you mummy." Aurora said sad like her brother.

I felt the back of my eyes burn an a line tears escaped but I quickly wiped it and held back the tears as I didn't want to cry in front of the kids.

I sniffed and turned to Ezra who sat on the other side beside Angela while holding her hand. He stared at his kids with soft eyes and I could see I shed tears in his eyes, but he held them back.