Chapter 16

Selena woke up to an unfamiliar room, alone and completely naked under the sheets. She blushed as she remembered what happened the previous night. 'Hunter loves me,' Selena thought with a smile. All those agonizing nights she spent wondering where Hunter could be, now she understood. If only they could have been honest with each other, they could have save themselves countless of sleepless nights.

She looked around the room, this must be Hunter's bedroom. Black and white are the dominant colors, with a touch other colors here and there, but the bed covers, comforters, and bed sheets were all white. She gasped as she noticed the dried red blood stain on the bed, evidence of what she gave up to Hunter last night. She wondered whether Hunter saw it this morning.

As if on cue, the door gently opened, and a very happy-looking Hunter came in, carrying a tray of juice and food. He looked so adorable with his disheveled hair and short stubble, and she had never seen him smile like that. It is refreshing and heartwarming for Selena to know that the man she loves was happy, and she is the cause of such happiness.

"Hey, honey. You're finally up. I didn't wake you earlier, I figured you may want to sleep in today. I made us breakfast while you slept." He called her 'honey'. Selena's heart melted at that. Selena smiled at Hunter.

Selena was about to sit up when she remembered she didn't have any clothes on. She pulled the sheet closer to her body. "I...um..." Selena tried to recal where her clothes were.

"Oh, sorry..." Hunter noticed Selena's hesitation. "Wait here..." he laid the food tray he was holding on the bed, beside Selena, and went to his closet. When he came back, he was holding a piece of white shirt. "This is the largest shirt I have," he announced as he helped Selena put the shirt on. He then gently tucked the loose strands of her hair behind her ear. Selena found the gesture so sweet. She had never been with a man before, never even dated, but now she was glad she waited. Having Hunter beside her, taking care of her, made the wait so worth it. She cant wait to tell Molly about him, she knew Molly will find it hard to believe that Selena found love here in Aspen, of all places. She couldn't believe it herself! Everything happened too fast.

"Thanks." Selena said shyly. This is the second time she wore his clothes.

"No need to be shy, Selena love. You look beautiful to me, no matter what you wear. I feel so lucky to be here, with you. And I will say it again... I love you, Selena." He kissed her lips after he said this. Hearing him say again that he loved her made her heart swell with emotion. She is not dreaming after all. He did love her. For real!

"I love you, too, Hunter." There. She has finally told him. The look on Hunter's face was priceless! Awe, surprise, tenderness, and happiness seemed to cross his face all at once. What he couldn't say with words, he said it with his eyes. She could clearly see the emotions in his dark blue eyes.

Hunter gathered her into his arms and held her tightly, like he will never let her go. "I am so happy to hear that, Selena. So happy. Thank you. Thank you. You have no idea how happy I am." Selena smiled as she hugged him back. She was overwhelmed with happiness as well. Selena is not very good at expressing herself with words. She just held him tightly as well, hoping that the love she has for him will permeate through her skin to his.

"So shall we eat our breakfast now before it gets cold?" Selena said as she let go of Hunter. "We still have work, you know."

"Oh no, we are staying right here the entire day." He said. "I called Clara a while ago and told her to take the day off today. I'm sure she'd rather rest after last night's party." He smiled as he saw Selena's surprised face. "One of the perks of being the boss, you know." He added, mischief clearly written on his face.