Epilogue

"Careful, Hon. Watch your step." Selena cautioned Hunter as she led him out of the mansion. He was carrying a huge birthday cake.

When the kids saw the cake, they let out an excited squeal. "Now, now, make way. We don't want to ruin Gabriel and Cassandra's birthday cake, do we?" Lizzy said, carrying her one year old daughter, Alyssa.

"Mommy! Is that our cake?" a wide-eyed Cassandra asked as she tugged at Selena's skirt.

"Yes, sweetie. Where's your brother?" Selena inquired as she scanned the lawn for her three year old son. Cassandra and Gabriel may be twins but their personality are completely opposite. Her daughter is the quiet type and loves to read, while her son loves the outdoors, constantly begging his father to take him to the farm so he can see the horses.

"I don't know, Mom." Cassandra replied as she looked up to Selena. She had long, sandy blonde hair, very similar to Selena's. Her eyes, though, are an exact copy of her father's eyes - dark blue. Many said she has her mother's facial features.

"Don't worry, hon. I'll go find Gabriel." Hunter said as he carefully laid down the cake on the table. "Can you wait for a while, sweetie? You and Gabe have to blow your candles together." Hunter asked her daughter.

"Okay, Daddy." Cassandra bobbed her head and went to the group of kids that gathered around the table.

"I'll be right back." Hunter whispered to Selena.

"Alright kids, gather around. We'll wait for Gabriel for a while then we'll eat this yummy cake!" Selena announced. They invited the small children of their friends and employees.

Today is the Adams twins' birthday. As Selena watched the kids excitedly gather around the table, she can't help but smile. It's been more than three years since she married Hunter. Time passed so quickly. It seemed that it was only yesterday when she was rushed to the delivery room. A lot has happened since then.

The day after their wedding day, Selena and Hunter found out that the Chief has given the lakeside property to them as a wedding gift. Not only that, The Chief had purchased every single land that surrounded the lake. In essence, the entirety of the lake are theirs. Selena had been speechless. Also, Hunter had given Shadow to her as a gift as well. Selena had cried tears of joy.

Months after their wedding, Hunter had their cabin by Mermaid Lake renovated. It now has three rooms to accommodate them and their twins.

Selena and Hunter both agreed that their house at the second floor of their office was not a very good place to raise children. Selena wanted a playground for the kids and their friends to play in, so Hunter purchased the vacant lot next to his house and built a new house for his family with a wide backyard and garden. He then converted his old house to an office building. She still worked as their company's accountant, and having a house next to their office was very convenient for Selena. Mrs. Boon had quit being Hunter's secretary, Hunter hired her as the twins' governess instead.

Not long after Selena gave birth to her twins, she learned that Lizzy had finally gotten pregnant. She felt ecstatic for her friend. They knew Lizzy and Dave have been trying to conceive ever since they married.

Molly seemed happy with work, jet-setting from one country to another. She hasn't mentioned any boyfriend yet. She and Lizzy were Cassandra and Gabriel's godparents. Selena wished Molly was here to join the celebration, but at the moment, she's in France.

"Let's light the candle. Gabriel's here!" Hunter announced as he walked up to Selena, carrying his son in his arms. "He was at the pond, playing with the fishes." He informed Selena as he put down Gabriel. The toddler immediately run and stood beside her sister as their Uncle Cody used his lighter to light the three small candles perched on top of the cake.

Gabriel had the same hair color as his sister. He also had his father's eyes. He was hyperactive and loved horses. He loved playing with animals. Her son was a handful, Selena wondered if Hunter was like that when he was a kid. What Selena loved the most about his son was how protective he was of his sister. He was always worried when she get hurt or cry about something. He reminds Selena of Hunter. Her son was a carbon copy of his father, even his personality.

Their children adored their grandfather. The Chief had insisted they have their party at his mansion. He liked to see the kids often. During weekends, they usually stayed at the mansion. The kids loved to run around the huge lawn. Selena had always loved seeing his father-in-law play with his grandchildren.

Selena had the life every woman dreamed of, and she was grateful for everything she has. She couldn't ask for more, but earlier today, she found out that there's more reason to be happy about - she was pregnant. She hasn't told Hunter yet. She planned to do so later, after the chaos of their twins' birthday party.

"Everything okay, hon?" Hunter asked as he noticed how suddenly pensive Selena was.

"I'm great. Everything's perfect. I have something important to tell you later, by the way." She said, smiling at him. Selena realized that no matter what life throws at you, you have to work with it or around it, because sometimes, despite the pain and heartache, life will also give you a reason to smile. When everything else is crumbling, somewhere, beneath all the rubble, a seed of love and hope is just waiting for the right person to water and cultivate it.

**THE END **

Note from the writer:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read THE ACCOUNTANT. Every view, vote, and comment is much appreciated. If you like others to know the story of Hunter and Selena, please do recommend this book to your friends who are also wattpaders.

This is just my first book, so forgive the imperfection that you may have encountered with the grammar, spelling, etc. If you have comments and suggestions regarding this book and any book that I am going to write in the future, please feel free to message me.

Thank you so much.

- RC SUMMER

*****

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

*****

The Accountant. All chapters, prologues, epilogues, and any associated content are copyrighted. All rights reserved by the owner and writer of this work, RC SUMMER. Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, and distribution, whether in print, online, or any other media, or selling of this work, constitute infringement of copyright and is punishable by law.

All rights reserved, including the right to reproduce this book/story or portions thereof in any form whatsoever.

This work is registered and protected on www.copyrighted.com

Copyright © 2015 by www.copyrighted.com