Chapter 28

The makeup artist that Molly hired was putting on the finishing touches on Selena's makeup. Her bridesmaid, Molly, looked absolutely divine in her emerald dress, her hair flowing in waves behind her back. She had a floral crown on her head, resembling that of a fairy. Her bridesmaid's bouquet was made of fresh tulips, one of the many flowers that made up the wedding decors. Selena's wedding theme was inspired by the beauty of Mermaid Lake. She wanted her wedding to be simple yet elegant and fairytale-like, just like her own love story.

Selena's romantic gown featured embroidered lace all over the tube bodice. Taffeta fabrics that move as gracefully as the ocean formed the mermaid-inspired dress. Touches of sea-inspired details such as pearl beading and subtle metallic and crystal accents can be seen on the dress' hemline. Crystal beading and sequins finished the look.

Molly helped the makeup artist put Selena's cathedral length veil in place. It was made of soft and luxurious fabric so thin that it just flowed right behind her back. The romantic veil was carefully constructed by an expert accessory designer that Selena, with Molly's help, hired. Skilled artisans hand-sew pearls, glinting crystals, and hand-cut silk organza flowers along the bottom of the veil, which float behind her as she make her way up the aisle, adding to its ethereal elegance.

Looking at herself on the mirror, Selena can't help but wonder how lucky she had been. She never knew she could find this kind of happiness here in Aspen. She never thought she'd fall in love. That day at the lake, when she thought she was going to lose Hunter, that was when she fully realized how miserable life would be without him. Aside from her parents and Molly, Selena had never cared deeply for anyone else, until he came along. She had seen how he cared for her, too, even risking his life to save her.

Today was the day she would officially be Hunter's wife. The events of the past week had been blurred from her mind. She had stayed at the house most days, Lizzy and Molly on the other hand, had been busy taking over the wedding preparations. Hunter was adamant that Selena not exert herself. They had almost lost their babies twice, and they're not taking any chances anymore. Molly had taken a leave of absence to help her and Lizzy with everything. They had voluntarily tasked themselves to make sure every detail of the wedding will be perfect. Selena can't ask for better friends.

Hans and Josef are now behind bars and awaiting their trial. Hunter assured her that they will no longer pose any threat to them. Hans' father, Joseph Devlin, had begged her and Hunter not to press any charges against his son. Hunter was stern when he said, "If he had tried to kill me, I would have accepted your apology, Mr. Devlin, but he tried to harm Selena and our unborn children, that I cannot forgive."

Hunter said he understood Mr. Devlin loved his son as he was about to be a father himself, but he knew Hans had crossed the line this time. Selena understood Hunter's stance on the matter, so she let him handle all the legal matters that concerned the incident.

"Sel, you look absolutely divine. I'm sure Hunter's jaw will drop when he sees you later." Molly giggled as she handed Selena's bouquet. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm actually excited." Selena smiled. She glanced at her bouquet, it was quite heavy. It overflowed with light pink and white peonies, wrapped in emerald lace fabric, decorated with crystals and pearls.

"You should be! Good Lord, you are about to marry a dashing and handsome man from a wealthy family who absolutely adore and love you!" Molly looked dreamy. "How I wish I'd find my prince soon, I'm seriously having an envy attack right now."

Selena laughed. "If you stop being too busy, maybe you will find your prince charming soon."

"Ah you're right. My Prince Charming must have been caught in traffic. I'll go find him myself one of these days." Molly chuckled. "Anyway, are you ready? The ceremony is scheduled twenty-five minutes from now. I'm sure everything's ready at the lake. Lizzy is very good at organizing, props to her."