Prologue.

Beneath the dark skies of the Windy City, I prowled through the cobblestone streets, my stilettos clicking on the narrow alleyways like the restless spirit.

Chicago, with its vibrant neon lights, seemed dazzling on the surface, but there was more to it than meets the eye. It carried the scars of its past, every gunshot reverberating in its core, the silent pleas for help etched on its face. The city was a master of disguise, thriving on its well-kept secrets.

But my world, it is buried even deeper, concealed in law books, silenced by gunshots, nourished by intimidation. It's a labyrinth of power, crafted from marble and adorned with veins of gold, tainted only by the blood of the wicked.

In the daylight, I am Frank Monroe, Attorney-at-Law. The Icy Queen, as they call me in court, for my unwavering demeanor and undeniable dominance. My razor-sharp intellect had the power to freeze my opponents' veins, and I had no intention of letting it thaw.

Yet, when darkness falls upon the city, I assume the mantle of Conor Jones, the Irish Mob boss. Under the influence of shadows, my mask was peeled away. In the absence of law and morality, I wielded my own brand of justice, reserved for those deemed unfit by the courts to roam the streets.

As the city pulsated around me, I delved deeper into the gritty world of organized crime. Corruption, betrayal, and illicit activities became the rhythmic heartbeat of my existence. But I never wavered. Every move, every crime, was accounted for.

Standing on the precipice of inheriting my foster father's empire, I didn't view it as a burden, but rather an honor, a purpose that cut through the shadows of our world.

Loyalty was never questioned, and neither was duty. A kinship bound in blood ran far deeper than the waters of the Chicago River.

From now until my final breath, it would always be Blood in and no out.

Welcome to my life, my name is Frank Monroe. This isn't your usual lawyer's story. No. This is the underworld beneath the pristine, the ugly underbelly of the gorgeous city of Chicago.

In this world, only one thing was certain: You play by my rules, or you don't play at all.