1 - The City Of Savages.

"I have struck a city - a real city - and they call it Chicago... I urgently desire never to see it again. It is inhabited by savages."

- Rudyard Kipling

This is a man's world - raw, aggressive and shadowy

This is a man's world - raw, aggressive and shadowy. Yet I found my place like the final piece of an intricate puzzle.

Chicago underworld was ruthless, but it paled in comparison to my unfiltered ferocity.

Born into this seething nest of corruption, I inherited my foster father's insatiable lust for power and my biological mother's brilliant legal mind. I spent my days brushing elbows with Chicago's most infamous, defending their names in the court of law while my father governed them in the court of life. Our rule was both feared and respected, making our legacy as strong as the Windy City itself.

Raised in a mafia household, I quickly understood the value of law not as a vehicle for justice, but as a shield to guard my father's empire. When most kids were playing cops and thieves, I was studying constitutional law and acing mock trials. I was bred to become the legal fortress that my father needed to maintain his sovereignty over Chicago.

My name is Frank Monroe. I am the puppeteer behind the scenes, pulling the strings of the criminal justice system, playing god in this empire of the damned. In this lawless city where the darkness lurks in every alley and every shadow hides a monster, we are the predators and this, this is our hunting ground.

When I stepped out into the light of the courthouse, suited and booted, every lawyer within a hundred miles feared me. I was like a gladiator stepping into the arena, my razor-sharp wit my sword, my knowledge my shield. I became an expert in turning black to white, bending the truth so skillfully that even the jury was tricked into seeing things our way.

Angelo De Laurentiis, known amongst the shadows of New York's criminal underworld as the invincible boss of the five mafia families, stood today solemnly before the justice court. It had been only a handful of years since he took over from the legendary Sicilian mafioso, Giuseppe "Il Fabbro" Capano. Giuseppe's passing was a blow that reverberated within the veins of the mafia, shifting power structures like a rapid tidal wave, landing power into the hands of the astute and unforgiving De Laurentiis.

Under the sharp edge of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, Angelo is being indicted on two charges of murder.

For months, I had fiercely advocated for Angelo's innocence. Despite the scorching accusations against him, I constructed a solid case.

Then, the moment of reckoning arrived.

"All rise," a voice barked out as the judge re-entered the courtroom.

Everyone rose to their feet in obedience. The room was silent as the grave. The judge made his way back to his seat. His glasses rested on his hooked nose, his hair neatly parted to one side.