20 - Napoli's Most Feared.

"There is nothing wrong with revenge. The wrong has already been done, or there would be no need to even the score."

- Ashly Lorenzana

I was a mess of contradictions

I was a mess of contradictions. One moment, I couldn't stand him, the next, I wanted him so bad I couldn't put it into words.

Was I losing my mind? There was no shred of doubt that I was.

But I was done thinking about him.

I allowed myself to drift so far away from my goal, but not anymore.

The usual monotone ring of my phone shattered the peace of my evening as I was comfortably sprawled out on the couch. Squinting against the intrusive glow of the screen, I fumbled a moment before finally answering.

"Papa, hey," I said, keeping my tone light as I stretched out my sore muscles. The spar with Hector was.. quite something.

"Hey, still tied up at the office?" papa asked.

"No, I'm at home now, kicking back," I chuckled into the phone, stretching my feet onto the coffee table. "What's going on?"

"There's something I'd like to talk to you about. Can you come by? There's someone here that I'd like you to meet," his voice dropped to a serious undertone.

"Sure thing, papa. I'll be there in twenty," I replied, struggling to keep the apprehension out of my voice.

Papa had never really formally introduced me to anyone before, which only served to heighten my nerves. And yet the earnest gravity of his voice suggested that this wasn't just some ordinary introduction. It was more serious, it felt somehow important.

Without wasting a moment, I fetched my handbag and proceeded to the driveway, calling out for Sawyer. I got into the car, anticipating his arrival.

"Where are we headed?" Sawyer inquired, turning on the car.

"Papa's place. He called me," I responded.

"Any clue as to why?" he wondered.

"All he said was that he wanted me to meet someone. It sounded urgent," I muttered, brows furrowing in thought.

"That's unusual," he commented, a tone of curiosity in his voice.

"Exactly what I thought," I sighed.

I couldn't shake the uncomfortable prickling sensation crawling up my spine. Something didn't sit right with me.

Less than twenty minutes later, we pulled up outside papa's mansion. As soon as I stepped out of the car, I was greeted by Vito, one of my father's most trusted men.

"Ma'am, it's good to see you. How's your day been?" he asked.

"Vito, always a pleasure. I'm doing well. How's your mother?"