Track 01 - Liner Notes

"It was now or never."

"The demons were downstairs eating.

He got slapped with a yin-yang, bleaching the blindfold.

Find something else to believe in!

Ears still steaming,

Never seen an insect bleeding, between the extremes bugged out still breathing.

Nah, just mimicking a chainsaw ripping through the room or squashed to the ceiling.

Trapped in a pint glass, peppercorn ball and chain.

Pixelised face in the hall of fame.

Ritualised dances around the collection of rusted inventions you call a brain.

You'll never be anonymous again. ~ Jam Baxter

Dark was the night. Rain lightly fell from the skies. Not enough to ruin plans but enough to dampen attitudes. Why did it have to rain now of all nights? Regardless of the weather you were not going to let this minor inconvenience ruin months of planning. At least the weather report only called for a few centimetres.

It was all to end here.

For ██████.

For ████████.

For what they did to ████.

For the all the others.

You decide to do a roll call. It was now or never. With your comlink you do some checks.

"Team Fortran?" You ask. "Are you all ready?"

"I don't see why you'd need to check for us. We are right here." ███████ said.

"Ready and willing!" ████ declared.

"I, too am ready, on standby." ██████ said.

"Team Lisp?"

"Such weak defences. This is what he protects himself with? Can't we just go in and slaughter them all?" █ said happily.

"We're ready. Can we get started now? I'm getting bored here." ██████ said.

"I-I'm ready!" █████ said, still using Tess' voice.

"Soon. Team Python. I am ready. How about everyone else?"

"Yes." ████ said quietly. He sounded focused.

"They're gonna pay for what they did to my bro." ██████ said. "Thanks man. You know I'd do the same thing for you." █████ added as they fist-bumped.

"Team Zig?"

"It's bloody cold out here." ████████ said.

"I-I'm sorry. I can't control it." ███ replied rather sadly.

"Nah, it's just cause the water's cold. Nothing to do with you." ████ said.

█████ emitted some sort of sound in agreement.

"Suffice to say we are all getting in position and ready." ██████ concluded.

"Team Haskell?"

"We're almost there. I don't care what this witch says. I'm getting answers." █████ spat from her end.

"The heaven did you just call me? I am NOT a witch! You wanna end this right now?" █████ said threateningly.

"Girls. Girls. Please. Save that energy for the gate." ██████ complained, groaning in annoyance.

"Team Cobol?"

"Gang's armed. I am too. The Fae are watching closely." █████ said. You could hear cocking her sniper rifle.

"This ends here." ████ said coldly. "After this I won't need this stupid curse anymore."

"Ah, it's not so bad Radi." █████ said.

"██████. You ready too?"

"Aye, aye, captain! Oooo. I can't wait! Ican'twait!!!!"

"That accounts for everyone then. Best of luck."

"We don't need luck." ████ added. "We got skill."

With everyone in check you get in position yourself. Willing, armed and ready. Tonight was gonna be a fun night.

Nobody carried a flag with them this time. This time it was winner take all. They were going to pay...

Several weeks earlier...

--------------------------------------------------

Here we are.

Everything is fundamentally the same. The only major difference is that I kept a lot of a beta stuff here, so I gotta warn you, it's gonna get violent (no gore though, don't worry).

Chapters release Monday and Friday.