Track 12 - Longshot Gambit

"YOU ALWAYS DRAG HIM INTO YOUR BS!"

Now Playing...

Artist: Unknown Artist

Song: A Pillow of Winds (Trance Remix)

You weren't sure where the energy came from. You only took a small nap following the 'showdown' with the chief. You would have slept longer but Tabi roused you with a request of his own.

And thinking on his words you realized this wasn't the time for rest. Not yet. You had a newfound energy building. The group had been attacked. Revenge would be had. It was the only silver lining to the events that had transpired. They were no doubt in your mind.

They would suffer for what they did to us.

And while you had half a mind to walk up to the compound and start shooting there was another pressing matter.

Agoti.

With Tabi leading he demanded to be taken to Agoti's place. With the map's guidance and Theo dropped off you made your way to the Andromeda apartment.

Paranoia completely faded and you drove with stoicism. Tabi likewise wasn't hurting anymore, he was just pissed. Within him a flame burned, just waiting to unleash.

"You sure Nikusa had nothing to do with it?" You ask aloud.

Tabi stared out the window at the passing sidewalk. He just had his hat on, not concealing a thing about him.

"I'm sorry for this." You blurt. It just comes out, an apology for the events. Tabi stops you. "It's not your fault. It's that stupid Family's."

"Right."

"We'll gut them." He may have meant to say 'get' but the message stuck.

Hearing your earlier question, Tabi spoke up, shifting in his seat.

"It wasn't Nikusa. She's a nuisance, psycho and a vile woman but she would not have done Agoti. And she wouldn't have done it for that family."

"What the hell would they have done to him?"

"I don't know."

Mid-afternoon the streets were full of people going for lunch, you put on the radio but there wasn't much. Just a cycle of weather and some minor crimes that occurred last night. As soon as they mentioned the restaurant you turned it off, sighing.

This must be how Tabi feels.

Someone swerves into your lane, nearly causing an accident. On first thought you get ready for combat, but an old man waves you by apologetically.

Still following the route guidance Tabi's phone rang. He sighed, the most expression he'd given since he woke up.

"Hello?" He tried to say cordially, but his disappointment was heard.

"Yes. I know. He did? Yeah, yeah. We're already on our way. Be there in 10." Tabi hung up.

"It was Aldryx."

"Who?"

"His older brother."

"What does he want?" You ask, voice getting a little higher. Maybe it was all the negativity but your mind drifted to good news. Maybe Aldryx knew?