Track 27 - Flashy Fallout

"You make sure you watch over them. Whatever you're planning. Good luck on it."

Now Playing...

Artist: Ototoxic

Song: POUR_SYRUP_IN_MY_THROAT_TO_ACTIVATE_ME

"WHAT A THRILLING CONCLUSION!" Mr. Sys declared. "The Circus has beaten Hololive! And man IT WAS CLOSE! Looks like nothing's gonna be changing in this arcade tonight! Thank you all for coming! Teams, shake hands!" Mr. Sys shouted to a cheering crowd.

As the two teams shook on it, you notice Ruv smirk for the first time. The shark girl and the one S sent crying were gone but otherwise Hololive accepted the defeat. When all was said and done Kapi announced the team would get refreshments in the lounge.

You followed, not making it far until you were stopped by Botan. With a wave she brought you back stage.

"Like I said. You're the leader. I saw how you looked at everyone."

You shrug. "Kapi's the leader."

She smiled. "Maybe for that team. But I can tell you got something greater than just those. You're like me. A guardian to them." Looking back at the stage, Botan continued. "My girls needed that. Maybe not what you did to Watame but it's good to remind them they aren't invincible."

She looked back to you. "You guys aren't invincible either. You make sure you watch over them. Whatever you're planning. Good luck on it." She held a hand to shake.

"Thanks." You shake back.

"We'll do a rematch one day." She said as she turned to leave.

A wave of tire washed over you, the effects of the night now wearing. It was time to pack it in. The agents appeared to determine the same as when you get back you see Ruv being arrested. Just as he was getting arrested, Whitty and Carol bolted, jumping off the ledge and running. Unexpected, you run to the ledge to hear something smash, someone shout and doors slam. Looking over you see Updike on the ground, glass shards everywhere, Carol and Whitty nowhere to be found. The others had no idea why Carol and Whitty ran.

Updike looked confused, then angry as he ran back out. Whatever the case, you shrug. You take a seat back in the lounge and finish the night with the "Circus". Updike took a few minutes to come back but when he did, the weatherman was furious. He didn't question you or the others about Whitty but shouted something angrily to the agents. He sounded pissed. Whatever the case he told the team to leave and that he would handle fallout.

It was a long, hard-fought night. You decide that NOW Operation Flashbang was concluded.

Eyes heavy and joints tired, you finally make it back home, easily falling asleep on your bed. Despite the sheer amount of things you went through your rest didn't stay long. The night was wrought with problems. You woke up a few times, constantly having the feeling of being watched. Unsure if it was the tiredness, paranoia or someone actually watching you couldn't shake it. The constant nightmares didn't help either. Giving in to the paranoia you get up and walk around the house.

Stopping in the living room you realize just how quiet it was now. Not that Tabi, Huggy or S ever made that much noise, but it made the house feel fuller. You take a seat on the couch, figuring the TV could lull you to sleep.

Only a single program goes on before Tabi texts you, apparently also suffering from the same restlessness.

A few texts back and forth turn into conversation and eventually, you two just have a call. The discussion started as what each other thought about the operation, then about the arcade, how you fought Hololive, how was Agoti doing, and eventually just devolved into talking about yourselves.