The Butterflies

April 2018
Instagram

Sara: "Hey! Good luck for the match today :)"
Shub: "Ohh! You remembered, thanks Sara. We won"
Sara: "Woho! Congratulations"
Shub: "Thank you! Wassup ?"
Sara: Umm! nothing much, thinking to post a picture on IG."
Shub: "Go ahead then, what's stopping you?"
Sara: "Confused between 2 pictures, which one to post."
Shub: "May I help ?"
Sara: "You want to?"
Shub: "Only if you allow."
Sara: "Umm, alright. Check your WhatsApp :P"

(Sara shares 2 pictures with Shubman on WhatsApp asking him to help her pick the one she should be posting)

Shub: "The one in white."
Sara: "What's special in it"
Shub: "Can't elaborate. Just know it's the one"
Sara: "Why can't you elaborate??"
Shub: "Let it be. You might not like me saying such things."
Sara: "Doesn't mean you can't even try na"
Shub: "What if it upsets you?"
Sara: "Why will it upset me ? Are you gonna say something offensive?"
Shub: "No! But! I am unable to draw a line, what is okay what is not.."
Sara: "Ummm! Okay let me start with something awkward. I have a confession."
Shub: "Oo! Really? And what's that?"
Sara: "I think you looked really cool in that KKR jersey. But I also think you can look much cooler"
Shub: "What? Again confusion! Tareeef hai ya phir taang kheench rahi ho ??"
Sara: "Uffff! Taareeeef hai!! You looked great in KKR jersey but I feel you would look amazing in Indian jersey.

Shub's POV: What ? Did she just say that I look good ? Does she like me too ? What was that ? No, may be she just said it like that. But why ? She doesn't seem to be the one passing compliments to random guys. O Good Lord!! I was on cloud 11. I was waiting for that one hint from her since the time our conversations had started. Because I genuinely didn't want her to feel I don't respect her or anything like that. After having a short bhangra celebration all by myself I decided to reply her.

Shub: "You are so clever na."
Sara: "What? Why?"
Shub: "Nothing. I chose the white picture becuase you look divine in it. I couldn't take my eyes off for straight a minute. Not exaggerating.
Sara" "Mr. Gill, are you like blushing while typing all this?"
Shub: "What do you think, Sara."
Sara: "I think you are"
Shub: "Well, who can argue with the Lady!"
Sara: "You can :)"
Shub: "But I don't want to. Accha listen,  I am going to visit London in July, have some work there."
Sara: "Oo! That's nice :)"
Shub: "I so wish someone could have been there to show me around in London"
Sara: "Hmmm! That's true. I have some hot girl friends here, shall I ask them ?"
Shub: "Seriously ? Okay, as you wish!"
Sara: "No way! Stop dreaming, I will show you around."
Shub: "Uuuuuh! Intense, I like it already!"

July, 2018

Sara is at the London airport, waiting for Shubman to arrive.
She sees him coming towards her, they both wave at each other. As he came closer, it got awkward, both of them couldn't figure if they should hug each other, shake hands or just smile. All the awkwardness led to an even more awkward side hug.

In the coming days, Sara showed him around. Also took him to her favorite cafes and parks. It was easier for them there. Nobody knew them. Nobody recognized them. They could hang out without any hesitation.

One day after having lunch together, they were simply taking a stroll in a park. Shub was talking about his IPL experience that year. How he has enjoyed his game so much. Sara seemed to be so much interested in all of it. Well, she had been hearing about cricket since her childhood, it was her comfort topic. Shub kept on thinking "Kitni awesome hai yaar ye." Never in his life, he had met a girl so interested in his cricket talks for hours. He was totally in awe of her.

They both were enjoying each other's company. That's when Shub asked Sara, what about your studies ? How are they going ? Sara heard the question and realised that actually it's after a very very long time that she has met a guy who didn't only talk about his stories but was also all ears to hers. She felt valued. She said, "I have my final exams in Aug. I will be graduating this September."