The Biggest Roadblock

8th Sep 2021

It was Shub's birthday and he was home this time for the same. It was planned to be a simple celebration. Sara was in London but she made sure to wish him at 12 AM sharp according to IST time. They did a small cake cutting celebration over facetime all by themselves.

On the evening of his 22nd birthday, he decided to go LIVE on Instagram. He was free and home so thought why not. Sooon, many people joined the Live session and started wishing Shub. He was overwhelmed. He had many amazing birthdays in the past but this one, just conveyed how insanely people loved him, leaving him with goosebumps. He was trying to let it all sink in and was thanking everyone for their wishes is when he saw Sara's wish there. It said "HBDDDDDDDDD"
Only Shub knew how he somehow tried to hide the blush, or may be he did reveal it a bit. But he just couldn't let it pass without thanking her.

Shub's team was not Okay with their this very step. Sara wasn't supposed to wish him like this publically, ever. It will definitely give rise to many speculations. They contacted her and asked her as to why did she do that. She was taken aback. She said, "I didn't think anyone will notice. I never am in limelight so I thought it will be Okay."

Shub's team was furious. "Sara you have to be more cautious. It is not only about you now. Shub is getting famous with every day passing. You have to understand that as well. His female fans notice everything and the way he has blushed thanking you, we fear it will all be noticed and it will not be forgotten soon."

Sara couldn't say much. "I will be more careful" is the only thing she said. Shub was uneffected by all of this. For him, he understood the place Sara was coming from. May be he would have also wished her if it was her birthday and her live session. But he also understood from where his team was coming. Every day he would get DMs from his female fans asking him if he is single or not. So he understood it all. The team had to build Shubman Gill "the cricketer" not a "lover boy".

End of Oct, 2021

Sara was in London. It was during this time that a news article started making rounds where in they claimed "Sara Tendulkar to be allegedly dating the businessman from Goa, Siddharth Kerkar"

Sara was unaware about all this. Shub got to read it first as he was in India. He inmediately dialed Sara. Of course it went unanswered. She was sleeping! He kept on calling like a lost kid. His team tried calming him down, but it was of no use. Nobody knew how was Shub going to take it all. He kept calling and calling and calling.

After few hours, Sara called back, she was still in sleep.

Sara: "Shub, what's wrong ? Is everything alright ?"
Shub: "Have you checked your WhatsApp ? I have sent something."
Sara: "What's wrong with you, I am sleeping, it's 4 AM here!"
Shub: "Please check it right now."
Sara: "What is it, tell me na, my eyes are still sleepy."
Shub: "I do not wish to say it. Please read it for yourself."
Sara: "Uffff! What is this new thing ? Give me 5."
Shub: "Kay."

Sara switched On the light and decided to read what Shub had sent.

Sara: "What bullshit is this ? You know it's not true."
Shub: "I know."
Sara: "It's totally FAKE NEWS."
Shub: "Pata hai, par kisne chaapa hai ye ?"
Sara: "How do I know that ?"
Shub: "Toh phir pata karo na, we have to take this down."
Sara: "How can I take it down ?"
Shub: "I don't know. Ask your team na."
Sara: "Okay."
Shub: "Why does it seem like you actually aren't bothered by this ?"
Sara: "Who? Me ? Yeah I am actually not bothered by this. Because I know this is not true."
Shub: "Even I know it's not true, but it is effecting me. That is only human."
Sara: "Shub please, not again. I am not going to waste my energy over something which is totally fake, this early in the morning."
Shub: "But they will not put anything just like that na, it has to have some truth in it."
Sara: "What ? Are you kidding me? Seriously ?"
Shub: "I don't actually know what I mean. You fail to understand me sometimes."
Sara: "We already had this discussion, didn't we? Not again please."
Shub: "Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that my stupid insecurity has made up to the headlines, right ?"
Sara: "Seriously Shub?? I am starting to have a headache listening to all of this again and again"
Shub: "As expected"
Sara: "Let's talk later, Okay ? Bye."
Shub: "Anyways, I am done, Bye."