Everyone deserves a "FireFly" in Life

Oct 5th, 2023
Chennai, India

The team Doctor was called in, after the emergency call made by Shubman. The team of doctors visited, took the temperature and did all the required tests. In the beginning it did occur as if it was just a mere fever because of all the travelling and exertion. But somewhere Shubman knew. It cannot be just that. His gut kept on saying that to him. It's like he had been playing since a really really long time now, his body was prone to all the travel and exertion and stress. He had made it immune to all that. But in that very moment, he only kept praying it to be a normal fever, which shall go away once the medicines are consumed.

But the fever refused to go down. None of the medicines seem to work. Jugnu was not there with Shubman when all this happened. He had gone back to Chandigarh for some work. The moment he got a call saying Shubman hadn't been feeling well, he immediately decided to fly to Chennai along with Seb. That was only fair. Somebody had to, had to be with Shubman.

While the team doctor advised him proper rest and no practice for the next day, they also assured that they would be coming back with the results in maximum of 2-3 hours. However, these results took a TAT of 24-48 hours usually, but everybody understood the situation. They were talking about the health of their Star Opener for the WC 2023 and it was no joke. It had to be taken very seriously. While the doctor was back at it, working on the test reports, Shubman's mind was only praying for it not to be anything serious but a normal flu! He was thinking all this is when Sara's call started coming in:

Sara: "Hey! Did he come ? The Doctor ?"

Shub: "Yeah! He has done tests, he will be back with the reports in few hours, he said."

Sara: "How do you feel ?"

Shub: "Terrible! No energy to even get up and sit."

Sara: "Your face also says the same story. I am flying tonight. Okay ?"

Shub: "Where ?"

Sara: "To Chennai, where else ?"

Shub: "No! It's alright. Why do you bother ?"

Sara: "Ummm! Because I am the girlfriend ??? How can you even ask such a question ?"

Shub: "Be Gentle! I am not well."

Sara: "And still talking nonsense. I am flying tonight! Do whatever you wish to do."

Shub: "I have always loved the Demanding Sara. What can I say ?"

Sara: "Nothing. I am getting the tickets done, don't you worry. I shall co-ordinate with Jugnu on this. I cannot keep waiting for the reports and all to come."

Shub: "Okay! I am a little dizzy, may be because of the meds."

Sara: "Yeah! You sleep, I will manage everything."

Sara kept the call and dialled her team to inform how she urgently needed to be in Chennai. While her team was not in favor of the same, her only brief to them was that she was not asking for a sugggestion, rather a decision she had already made. She only wanted to be by her boyfriend's side, whatsoever. Her only brief to them was to co-ordinate with Shubman's team. He or his game shouldn't be effected in any way, that was all she wanted.

Once she got done with this, she dialled KP:

Jugnu: "Hanjeeeee ??"

Sara: "Where are you ?"

Jugnu: "Just going to board, for Chennai."

Sara: "He is really not well."

Her voice almost shattered as she said this.