Mermaids don't lose sleep over shrimp!

7th Dec, 2023
London

Shubman had to leave for SA on 7th night. Sara was to stay back in London for few more days to wrap up all her pending TDLs that she hadn't even touched while Shubman was around, with her.

Time flew at 10x speed when they both were together, making them wonder as if they both were racing against the time. The meet ups and long distance was something that had always come handy in their relationship, goes without writing, they both were now a master at it. But then they both had their own low days, Some days Sara would simply hate not having Shubman by her side and some days Shubman would have trouble making peace with the fact that how geographically far his girlfriend had to be, from him. They had learnt it through their journey, but it was something people in love will never be at peace with. The goodbyes were always and forever a pain.

It was the last dinner together before Shubman was to leave to South Africa. Seb was to accompany him. They were having dinner is when Shubman initiated the conversation:

Shub: "Subeer wants me to meet a fan of mine."

Sara: "Acchaaaa ?"

Shub: "Haan some fangirl, from SA only."

Sara: "Okaaaaayyyy."

Shub: "Seb says it would be a good thing to put out, you know ?"

Sara: "I am sure, babe."

Shub: "What do you think about it all ?"

Sara: "It's nice, no ? Why you asking me like that ?"

Shub: "Just wanted to know your opinion, baby."

Sara: "Jugnu already told me about it. Wondering why you both are even asking me about it ??? I mean, it's totally your call, honey! I am totally cool with it, honestly."

Shub: "Yeah! Mujhe bhi wahi laga, I mean, nothing off in all this, but wanted you to know."

Sara: "I get it. Don't think so much, okay ? This ? That we share ? Isn't weak in any way. I trust you! I believe in you and I know you more than anybody else. So, all this can't bother me. You have a great series. Don't stress about all this noise, Okay ?

Shub: "Yes babe. I will have. Always a relief talking and sharing things with you."

Shubman left for South Africa. The first match was in Durban. Sara stayed in London for a few more days before she returned back to India with Jugnu! India was to play 3 T20s 3 ODIs and 2 Tests in SA. Shubman was rested for the ODI squad and hence In between he had a good gap of 7-8 days, wherein he had already planned to go for the famous safari that Sara and family had already visited last year. She did guide him properly and even helped Seb with all the necessary bookings for the same!

The Durban match was called off because of the rains. For the rest of the 2 T20s, Shubman wasn't able to score a pleasing number on the board for himself. He hadn't been really able to be back to his best form post dengue. He was still struggling to get it back, for himself.

As per the schedule, it was planned that he would be meeting the fangirl in Durban SA. He did that, he greeted her with utmost respect and sincerity, clearly how a fan should be treated. The request to meet and greet her had come from Subeer, so Shubman treated it with a bit of more sincerity and senesibility.

While Sara was back to Mumbai and she had couple of shoots lined up followed by the year end celebration parties. It was that time of the year! Christmas followed by New years eve and celebrations. She literally had so much to look forward to, so much to plan, what to wear for these parties, where all to go. She honestly wanted to engross herself in all these thoughts so that she doesn't end up missing Shubman! He was far and he was on national duty. Sara knew it all, but then sometimes heart aches. It just aches!