The meet with "God" himself

June 2019
Mumbai

Shub and Sara couldn't sleep the entire night. Next day was when they face Sachin, Sara's father. Sara had asked him to be home especially and had already mentioned the discussion was important. Anjali and Arjun were also there.

Sara came downstairs from her room and was waiting for her father to join in. Anjali and Arjun were already there. In the meantime Shub arrived. He met Arjun and Anjali and joined them for the discussion.

Sachin had gone for his jog, he came back, got fresh and soon joined them .

Sachin: "Waah. Kaafi log aaye hain."
Arrey Shubman, kaise ho? That last inning of yours, kya batting kee thi. Mzaa hi aa gaya."
Shub: "Thank you so much Sir."
Sachin: "Bahut badhiya. Arjun se milne aaye the?"
(Shub was not able to say anything. He just gave a nod because it was inpossible for him to say anything as of now)

Sachin: "Sara, bataaao. Kya hua ? Ab kis baat pe pareshan kar diya Arjun ne tumko jo ye sabha bulwaayi hai ??"
Sara: "Baba vo actually....actually the thing is keee.... Main ye kehna chahti thi keee... actually vo....
Sachin: "Kya hua ? You never are so afraid to tell me anything. Beta, you are my princess, you know na ? Kya huaa?
Arjun: "Baba, actually....
Sara: "No AT, I will tell."
Sachin: "Haan baccha bolo."
Sara: "Maa, Baba. Shub is here because we have been seeing each other for quite a while now. We totally understand that we both are very young and it's too nasant to comment anything on what the future holds for us. But this is what you guys have tought me, I want you guys to know what's happening in my life. I owe it to you guys. Even if this doesn't last, I don't want you guys to hear it from anyone else, but us." (looked at Shub)
Shub: "Sir, I have mentioned it everytime I have met you as to what you are to me. I only want you to know, this was never the part of my plan. I never thought this would happen. My only dream was to play for India, to win matches for India.  But Sara, she just happened. She is special to me and I know how much special she is to you guys. I will always keep that in mind. I request you to never see me as a man your daughter likes but always as a boy who admires you the most in cricket, who considers you as his idol and who just wants to play for India, like you."

Sachin Sir was taking some time to process all this information.

Arjun: "Baba I knew about this all along. I think this is totally fine na, let's appreciate their honesty here."
Anjali: "Shub, does your parents know ?"
Shub: "Not yet ma'am. We thought it was important to tell you first."
Anjali: "Beta, we understand all this. We are glad you guys are sensible to come to us and tell about it, but I am not sure what to say here. The only thing I can tell is, you know the society we live in. I would suggest you keep this as low-key as possible.

Sara: "Haan.. Yes"
Shub: "Jee ma'am."
Anjali: "Okay, then. Sachin ?"
Sachin: (After taking deep breath) "I will consider I wasn't a part of this discussion. I will never mention it anywhere. I will never let Sara or Shubman feel we ever had this conversation. Please go ahead and live your life. Both you guys. There is so much to conquer. The world out there is very cruel and harsh. I am afraid your budding secret might not stand it all, but trust me if it did, I will be the happiest and proudest father and mentor."

(After saying this Sachin sir gave a smile, hugged both Sara and Shub and left the room, Anjali too followed him)

Shub: "It was that bad, is it ?"
Arjun: "No man, he indirectly said yes. Dude he can't tell you ki ya ya I am so happy you are dating my daughter. Obviously."
Sara: "Yeah! I know baba, Shub I think he is Okay with us?"
Shub: "Really?"
Sara and Arjun together: "Hell yesssss!!"
(They had a group hug celebration)

After this incident Shub got a little confidence. He shared what she felt for Sara with Ishan on one of the random practice sessions. He knew sharing something with Ishan indirectly meant telling the entire team about it. Obviously Ishan will not tell anybody about it, par chidha chidha ke too obvious kar dega. But Ishan was Shub's very close friend and it was only fair if he knew it from him.

Sara had been vocal about these topics with her parents since the beginning, so it was easy for her. Shub had never seen these topics being discussed at his home with parents, ever. It was a totally new perspective for him. 

Shub: "We don't discuss these topics usually with parents, you know."
Sara: "I can understand, if you don't wish to tell them, that's also Okay. It is totally your call."
Shub: "We will have to tell Shahneel, that's for sure."
Sara: "Haha, tell me what is that she likes the most?"
Shub: "Some makeup tutorial videos she keeps watching everytime, I don't even understand them."
Sara: (Laughingly) "Thought so!"
Shub: "Seriously what is there in those videos I never understood. All those tools look same to me and they don't even change anything on the face. Before and After looks the same."

Sara: "Not fair, did we ever tell you guys that all the cars look same even when we don't understand the difference in them ? No na, so this is also not fair."

Shub: "Ohh come on! Have you forgotten our last month's argument where you gave me an hour lecture on how Audi would be a better choice than the Range Rover I bought."

Sara: (Laughingly) "But still you purchased what you felt was better na ? It's the same thing. Not a woman, no opinion on makeup."

Shub: "Kabhi kabhar toh jeet jata tha Shahneel se, I don't think I can ever win over  you an argument."

Sara: "But you still don't give up na."
Shub: "That's Shub for you, can never give up"

Things were going fine. Sara and Shub had pretty much understood how to handle everything and most importantly how to be together without turning eye balls. But at the end of the day, they were mere humans. Humans are made to love and more importantly to express love. Inspite of being warned by their respective management teams, they did share some candid comments on IG. The rumours emerged but it faded soon as Shub was still playing for India A and Sara was mostly out of India.

General Trivia:

1. Sara commented on Shub's picture with his new Range Rover. Hardik joined in teasing them too.

 Hardik joined in teasing them too

2. Sara posted a picture frim their Venice trip together and do have a look at Shub's comment from his private ID on the picture.