Budapest Chapter- Vol 2

13th Oct, 2022
Hungary

Shub had somehow managed to be in Budapest, but only for about 36 hours. He had to be back in India by 14th anyhow, or else it could be problematic. He had upcoming matches, shoots, events, endorsements and what not. But he was a grown up man! He knew speaking to Sara and sorting things with her had to be his top priority right now! His team was continuously trying to get in touch with him to know where he was. It was the first time, he had just left without informing them anything. On the other hand, Sara was not in any mood to consider any of these. She was busy clicking pictures and working on her new year planner. Shub got to see the planner tooo. It was so well thought & executed. Shub knew, that tonight was the only night he had with him. If he wasn't able to tell her his side of the story now, may be he will never get another chance.

He tried convincing her the entire day, but nothing seemed to work. He had not gotten any time to prepare for this meet, unlike last times. He was too occupied with his matches, before coming here. Above all that, neither had he informed his team about this meet, nor he had discussed it with his friends. If he would have told them, they would have definitely planned everything properly. Shub never knew how to plan a date or a proposal, forget planning a patch up. He had told her everything, starting from the fuss the team had created, to the chaos he himself got into. Sara had listened to everything, but there wasn't any reaction from her side. Shub wanted to ask her if she had moved ahead in her life, by any chance? He assumed she hadn't or else she wouldn't have allowed him to come on the trip with her. But then she was Sara, she was very much capable of not getting back with Shub even when she wasn't dating anyone else.

In the afternoon, they had halted at a restaurant for lunch is when Shub started getting a call. He took out his phone and to his surprise, it was Sachin Sir. Why was he calling him? In all these years, Sachin had never called Shub. He was unable to figure out the reason but he thought he should just pick it up.

Shub: "Hello, Sir ?"
Sachin: "Hi Shubman. Kaise ho beta ?"
Shub: "Main theek hoon Sir, aap bataaiye."
Sachin: "Actually Sara ka call nahi lag raha tha kuch time se. Anjali was getting worried so we checked with her team. They said that aap bhi uske saath gaye ho."
Shub: "Jee. Jeee Sir."
Sachin: "Ek baar baat karwaa doge ?"
Shub: "Sure Sir, 1 second."

Shub ran to Sara to give her the call. He told her that it's Sachin Sir on the line, she took the phone from him.

Sara: "Haan Baba! Arrey nahi, my phone's battery died. I didn't get my charger. Yes, yes, everything's alright. Yeah yeah Shub is here with me, don't worry. I will call you guys back once I reach hotel. Ask Mumma also not to freak out. It's beautiful here. Okay! Bye."

She gave the phone back to Shub and said thanks with rolling eyes. Shub tried speaking to her again:

Shub: "You haven't told them about us yet ?"
Sara: "I will tell them. Just like me, they are also very emotional. It will take some time for them to make peace with all this."
Shub: "Yeah that's true."
Sara: "Btw, why are you acting so smart ? Even you haven't told uncle aunty or even Shahneel about it."
Shub: "There's nothing to tell. It's all a part of our reltionship. I am not gonna tell anybody else about it. It is about you and me. We will work it out."

After saying this he pulled her very close to him, looked straight into her eyes and said:

"Also, if you will ask me pyaar se, I can lend you my phone charger. I have got it with me."

"Tum hi rakho. Apna dimaag charge kar lo usse, I have to go!" She said and again walked away. The blush on her face had started to come back slowly.

Shub knew she was beginning to melt. But he was still not sure if she was going to forgive him. He was happy that she had atleast begun to smile after some 24 hours of manofying. She deserved it all. Totally!