Rohiratshan Banters > Shub's Smartness

2023 had begun with the India vs SriLanka Series. The matches were to be played in India hence Shub was in India while Sara continued to be in London for her last year of masters.

Just before one of the practice sessions, Shub thought of facetiming Sara from the dressing room. Shub usually never use to call Sara before, during or after the practice sessions but it was one of those days, he was just craving to see her pretty face. He missed her terribly. At first he thought of letting go of the thought of calling her, but then he assured himself thinking, "Kya hi dikkat hai, after all she is my girlfriend, kar leta hoon ek call. Sablog toh karte hi hain." Thinking this he had facetimed her.  Of course it went unanswered as Sara was not near her phone.

After some 4-5 hours of hard core practice session when he returned back to the dressing room, he saw 2 missed calls from Sara. He immerdiately dialed back, as he couldn't see anyone else around. He didn't know Ishan was also there in the dressing room along with Virat and Rohit. They all were very quite just like a lion after hunt, as they were completely exhausted after the practice. Shub immediately facetimed Sara and this time she picked it within the first 5 rings.

Shub: "Hii munchkinnnn, wassup ? At the university ?"

Hearing this, Ishan, Virat and Rohit exchanged sly looks among each other, they had figured out already that it was Sara on the other side, they all decided to have some fun today, by making the most of this situation of Shubman. They had never gotten this chance in the past as Shubman was a total professional when it came to all this.

Sara responded: "Yeah, just came back, how was the practice session, baby?"

Shub: "Went good, usual. Phew!!! I am missing you so much today, I hadn't been able to see you for new years as well. This is getting difficult than I had thought."

Sara: "I know but we always knew this will happen, na ? This is how it works."

Shub: "I know, but....."

Shub and Sara were continuing with their lovey dovey conversation when Virat suddenly appeared in front of Shub, Shub saw him and got conscious is when Virat said, "Hi Sara, why don't you guys do one thing? I have a suggestion."

Shub got awkward and Sara was clueless as to what had just happened. She knew Shub wouldn't ever call her if his mates were around. And this was "The Virat Kohli" himself. Sara had always knew him through her father. She had even attended his wedding and respected him a lot. For a good minute she couldn't figure out how to react. She simply kept smiling while Shub somehow managed to say, "Virat bhai Aap ? Aap kab aaye ?"

Virat: "Jab tu Sara ko bata raha tha ki hum sab kitne boring hain aur tujhe sirf uske saath hi time spend karne ka mann karta rehta hai."

Shub: "Bhai aisa toh bilkul bhi nahi bola tha maine. Kabhi nahi bola hai aisa."

This is when Ishan jumped and joined them too as he started supporting Virat, "Jhoooth bolta hai ? Senior ke saaamne safed jhoooth. Maine bhi suna Saaale, tu bol raha tha tujhe mere saath room share karne pe neend nahi aati raat ko, tujhe Sara bhabhi ke paas jaaaana hai."

He saw Sara on the call, enacted Namaste and said, "Hello Sara Bhabhi."

Sara was continuoudly laughing as she understood the prank while Shub was actually in an awkward situation. He kept trying his best to defend himself, but they would just not let him talk.

Shub: "Bhai, main aisa kuch nahi bol raha tha. I was just saying ki bahut time se mila nahi hoon na usse. Saale Kutte Ishan, tu toh har din mil aata hai Aditi se, aur Virat bhai aap toh bhabhi ke saath hi rehte ho. Mera socho, Sara is in London, bahut dikkat hai bhai, wahi bol raha tha main usko, aur kuch nahi."

Now was the time for their toughest vaar, Rohit came in front and said, "So, you mean to say because we can meet our girlfriends and wives so we are more privileged ? Sympathy chahiye tujhe ? Prince ho toh sympathy chahiye tumko ?? Matlab you mean to say, partiality ho rahi tere saath.?"

Shub: "Arrey Bhai!! Aap bhi ho? Bhai mujhe maaaaf karo, aisa mera koi matlab nahi tha bilkul bhi, aaplog toh bilkul allegations hi laga de rahe ho. Alag hi tangent pe chale gaye aaplog."

Rohit: "Nahi tujhe dikkat hai toh muh pe bol na, we will take the complain to Sachin Sir, we need SARA in India. Kyun Cheeeku?"

Shub: "Arrey Bhai, marwaaaoge kya ? Aisa mat karna. Sachin Sir ko kyun laaa rahe beech me?"

Virat: "Sara in India nahi bhai, we need marriage now."

Shub: "Bhai, kahan pahunch gaye ho sab. Galti ho gayi mujhse jo maine bina dressing room check kiye call kar diya usko. Mujhe maaaf kar do aap teeno."

Hahahaahahhaa" they all started laughing.

"Mazaaaak kar rahe the Kake, dukhi naaa ho, kitni pyaaari hai dekh vo, uska chehra dekhte hi 100 maar dena chahiye tujhe toh. Tujhse pehle samajh gayi thi vo ki mazaak chal raha hai, bilkul bhi offend nahi hui. Humlog toh tere maze le rahe the. Kar le tu baat aaram se, aur haan ek tip dunga tum dono ko, because I have been there, done that. There will be tough days, you will feel it is not going anywhere, but trust me, if it can make you feeel this miserable, it is much more powerful than you can ever imagine. It will all make sense one day, just keep trusting the process and of course, keep trusting your love for each other." Virat said. 

Shub was blushing as if he had seen some forever childhood crush. This was the first time, he had encountered his team mates while speaking to Sara. Nobody could have believed this is the same Shubman Gill who is so aggresive on the fields, he was full of blush and his dimples were  literally shouting about the love he had for his Sara.

Virat and Rohit said goodbye to Sara and Shub after some more taang khinchaaayi and left from there. Ishan continued, "Bhabhi Sorry, lekin bada mazaaaa aaayaa aaj mujhe. Gill ki shakal dekhne laayak thi."

Shub: "Chup kar Saale. Dost ke naam pe kalank hai tu, panauti Saale, bata nahi sakta tha mujhe ki Seniors hain piche ?"

Ishan: "Bhak saale, mujhse discuss karke call kiya tha tune ?"

Shub: "Rukk! Main bhi nahi bachaunga tujhe time aane par. Ab jaa naa, mujhe baat karne de ya aur koi kaaand karna hai tujhe?"

Ishan: "Jaa raha hoon. Jaa raha hoon. Bye Bhabhi. Jaldi India aa jaao phir ghumne chalenge."

Shub: "Nahi milegi ab vo tujhse, jaa yahan se."

Ishan left and Sara kept on laughing, Shub was still blushing. He couldn't believe Virat and Rohit had heard him being so vulnerable in front of Sara, but then he made his peace with it. After all, they already knew about them and everybody who is in love, behaves like this only. He had seen Virat being vulnerable in front of Anushka so many times, it just meant the love is real.

1st Feb, 2023

Sara was in London, Shub was at Ahmedabad, they were to play a match against New Zealand.

Shubman had to fly to Ahmedabad a day before the match. He reached the airport and there he saw, Sara Ali Khan. He saw her and all the previous chaos flashed in front of his eyes. He had met her once already, it wasn'y fair to ignore ignore her completely. There was another common friend of Shub and Sara, Tanya who was also travelling with SAK. Shub saw them and did pass a smile. SAK also reciprocated the gesture and walked down to greet him. She was flying to Ahmedabad for some shoot. Shub wanted to text his Sara about all this sudden development, but then he thought it might be a lengthy text so he will just tell her about the same when he will reach Ahmedabad. Shub was sitting on the lounge is when SAK walked towards him. Even Shub smiled seeing her, completely unaware of the fiasco which was to follow post this incident. 

What exactly will happen during this meet and what follows after this meet?? We shall see in the next chapter.