이십

"Do you know why the king suddenly called for us?" one of the maid in the silent room spoke, catching some other maid's attention.

One of the other maid gulped and replied her,"You should keep quite. I heard the king isn't in a much great mood, today. Who knows....who's blood will shed nex--"

The head maid entered in the hall making the maid's eventually stop bickering. Everyone stood straight.
She slowly stepped closer towards the maid's who were lined up in the room. She measured them, 'head to toe'.

"The king is here." She shortly remarked with her usual hoarse voice.

The tension few thick as every breathe the maid's took the fear between them increased. They weren't unaware about the deeds of the king.

While everyone in the room were dying out of fear, two individuals were continuing their own business showing no interest at the king's appearance.

"I-Jun, Why is this King Min so down to earth?" Myeong whispered into I-jun's ears greeting her teeths while I-Jun immediately froze. Myeong was looking straight so that no one could caught them talking so she isn't able to notice the pale expression forming onto I-jun's face.

"I-I....what w-were you saying again?" I-Jun who was trying to ignore Myeong's question spoke loudly forgetting that they were in hall room between other maid's waiting for the king to arrive.

The head maid groaned and was about to lash out when suddenly a man's sudden presence changed the atmosphere completely. Everybody's breath hitched while the head maid kept her head low.

The man cleared his throat as he spoke with his deep honey voice,"you all are holding your heads too high......" In the next second nearly all the maid's attached their foreheads with the cold floor. Nearly.
One of the indifferent maid's didn't bowed who's glims made the King smirk though she bowed immediately.

"Bae Myeong ...." The king muttered under his breathe, his smirk never leaving his lips. Everyone's spine was hurting due to the long bowing position, sweats covering their foreheads."Sit up." He commanded which was immediately followed by the maids."My respective female servants of my place, as you all know I called for this sudden gathering for a very essential reason." He looked over the head maid, Lady Kang motioning her to finish the rest.

She stepped forward before speaking out the reason,"A personal maid." She said and looked over the lined up maids,"The king is in need of a caretaker who will only take responsibility to serve him twenty four hours and always arrange the stuffs he's in need of. The king will pay his maid tripple of a regular maid's salary." everybody sitting across the room started to talk among themselves, some happy and some scared.

"This is so annoying, for choosing a maid he called for a meeting? Annoying bra--"

"Watch your mouth." I-Jun cut Myeong down before she could remark anything stupid earning a groan from her.

Myeong started to glare at the King who was hearing everything the head maid speaking. Myeong was entirely glaring at him the whole time and when lady Kang was done speaking, the king looked up straight into Myeong's eyes making those glares to turn wide. His deep eyes made hole through his though his lips had a smug smile on.

The head maid spoke while taking out a list of maid's name,"Here are some potential choices of maids I have listed among every maids. I hope it will help you to find a perfect servant to serve you...."

Yoongi broke the eye contact with Myeong looking over the head maid. "No need for that." He said with a pause he continued,"I have decided my maid already."

____________________________________________________

"Why the hell did he even called for a meeting when he have already chose someone? Annoying!" Myeong stomped her foot on the floor only to groan in pain.

I-jun who was indifferent shook her head a bit before flicking Myeong's head,"You should be careful."

"Ough!~" She rubbed her head with a pout."You are thinking way more. Please do not."

"I am at the duty to keep you safe in this huge palace ,ofcourse, I would need to overthink about you." I-jun replied with a proud smile. But her smiled immediately vanished when she suddenly halted upon her steps.

Looking somehow terrified she Looked over at Myeong's Direction with appreciation. "M....Myeong, I would N-need to tell you some---"

"Bae Myeong." Suddenly the Head maid, lady Lee was now in appearance. Her demanding voice was enough for them to look back at her and immediately bow. She stepped closer, not paying much attention to I-jun but Myeong. "I have a very important news to give you."

Myeong's hands tensed but but nodded anyway.

The court lady motioned I-jun to move. Even though she wanted to object Myeong signed her not to and just go for now.

The lady again looks at her before looking straight into Myeong's orbs before uttering jer next words ,

"You are  the king's personal maid, from now on."

_____________________________________________

Ik ik this ain't enough for the longass Hiatus I took ane CONGRATULATIONS TO ME MY THIS BOOK REACHED 1K!!!! MUAHHH! 💋💋💋

TYSM TO YOU'LL, XOXO<3

I promise not to delay the posting as I am on a long study break so, this bitch is officially back 😋💗