Chapter 15

The assassin was so determined to die that he killed himself in an almost tragic manner in front of everyone, even though one hand was firmly clutched by He YunTing and couldn't be moved.

He YunTing loosened his grip, but he couldn't feel the pain, and when pierced by the dagger, he only let out a strange muffled grunt, and the person lost his strength and fell to the ground.

The blood splashed on He YunTing's pale blue coat and the military boots that had been stepped on by Lin Han a few minutes ago. He YunTing was tall and Lin Han's clothes behind him, who had his back to him, was still immaculate.

Lin Han opened his eyes and was still calm. He turned his head and found He YunTing's body in front of him, not allowing him to see the fallen man. Lin Han's curiosity wasn't so heavy, plus the words of the other party's heart were still in his ears, so he obediently didn't probe to see.

The people who witnessed this scene let out a shriek of fear and trembled, while cautiously coming over and whispering.

"The audacity is really too big! Trying to assassinate on such an occasion..."

"The key target is the General, did he think he would succeed?"

"Luckily General struck quickly, scared me to death."

Wen Tianyao's face went pale, he first looked at the man on the ground, not clear if he was dead or alive, then gritted his teeth in great annoyance and turned his face away, still letting out curses. The soldiers who followed him soon arrived at the scene and began to disperse the crowd of onlookers.

Lu AnHe, who was standing by to see how his boss behaved, also walked over quickly, and before he could speak, He YunTing opened his mouth first, "Take Mr. Lin to rest somewhere else first."

Lu AnHe looked at He YunTing's right hand, which had just subdued the other side with force, and wanted to say something. He finally said nothing and smiled politely towards Lin Han, "Follow me first."

Lin Han didn't let go of this momentary delay between the two, and couldn't help but look up at He YunTing again. He couldn't see the other's expression, only the cold, hard line of He YunTing's shoulders, and the posture of standing straight.

—and a right hand that was slightly shaking.

"Let's go." Lin Han withdrew his eyes and said to Lu AnHe.

After all, Wen Tianyao was well brought up, witnessing this scene was still a little hard to accept, but after all, the matter was out of his territory. Since He YunTing was personally invited by him, this responsibility couldn't be shrugged off no matter what. He rubbed his hands a little stiffly and walked to He YunTing with a sullen face.

"General, I'm very sorry." Wen Tianyao's face still hadn't recovered, "I didn't expect such an accident, not to mention that today is still your birthday... The fault is all mine, I don't ask for General's forgiveness, I'm just glad that you weren't hurt."

He YunTing withdrew his right hand and looked at the person on the ground with downcast eyes and furrowed brows, "It's okay."

Probably because He YunTing's reaction was too light-hearted, Wen Tianyao was a bit anxious, "General you must believe me! I really didn't know this would happen, I blame my side for the oversight..." Wen Tianyao added, "You can take this person back, I won't interfere in the entire process, if the General wants me to help investigate anything, just tell me."

He YunTing nodded his head slightly.

Seeing that He YunTing had reluctantly lowered his guard, Wen Tianyao apologized several times. As the rumors had it, he was really a prince who had no attitude and was willing to take responsibility, "General, then I'll have my men take him to the Imperial Military Hospital now, and I'm at your disposal as to what to do..."