Chapter 52

"When do we leave?" Lin Han asked with a light smile. After hearing He YunTing's words, he felt there was nothing to be afraid of again. He should've known, from the moment he decided to come along. No one on the battleship cared about themselves, and according to Lu AnHe, there were many people who couldn't go back.

Even before he had a small amount of sadness, in the end, he couldn't distrust He YunTing. If he had to choose again, he would still do so.

He YunTing didn't answer directly, asking him, "Let's wait for tomorrow morning and pick a time when the temperature isn't so high. Would Mr. Lin like to rest a little longer?"

In fact, without nutrients, it didn't make much difference how long he slept, but Lin Han still didn't have much energy, and after forcing himself to eat something just now, he was extremely sleepy. But he didn't refuse He YunTing's offer, anyway, everything had been decided and he could accept any kind of decision, so he might as well have a good sleep at last.

"Okay." Lin Han nodded.

He was just about to rest, and afraid that he would scare the little thing again, Lin Han gently lifted it off his shoulder and called its name, "Grr."

Grr's dark beady eyes immediately turned to him, and the tip of his moist nose pushed forward.

"I want to take a nap." Lin Han, fearing that he might not understand, explained, "Closing your eyes is just resting, and you won't be suddenly ignored like before." He stroked its little tail, "Understand?"

It seemed to understand human words, but it was slow to understand Lin Han's meaning after a short while, and it rolled around in Lin Han's hand to show that it understood.

Lin Han thought of the day he picked it up, the ground was full of Zerg's corpse and metal fragments, only a small hairy ball Grr rolled over, so he couldn't help but ask, "Did you get lost before?"

Grr rolled from his left hand to his right, not knowing what he meant.

Lin Han continued, "We'll probably take you home tomorrow. Not the random little dune you were perched on, but your planet. Of course, we could also end up not having enough energy," Lin Han intoned but not heavily, "and we'd still be around here."

Grr suddenly reacted and looked like it was excited because a part of its fur was shivering with joy. It looked like it wanted to go home too.

Lin Han, as if infected by its happiness, nudged the tip of its nose, "Then we'll try our best to send you back. When you go home, you won't have to roll around in the sand."

As for him and He YunTing, it might take quite a while before they could return to the Empire. Maybe then it would be time to say goodbye. But he didn't tell that to Grr. After all, even small animals hate parting.

He YunTing came over and handed him his jacket.

Some mecha would be equipped with a sleep compartment. M2742 had a second cockpit, and the pilot himself had stated that a sleep compartment wasn't needed, so now the only thing Lin Han could cover himself with was the other man's jacket. He YunTing closed his eyes for a while and slept very lightly, as if he was resting only to cope with his bodily functions.

"Go to sleep." He YunTing's eyebrows lowered, and his cold eyelashes became less distant while putting his jacket on Lin Han, "Good night."

Lin Han grabbed He YunTing's hand.

He couldn't say what the motive for doing so was, but he still didn't hold back. Lin Han was slightly disappointed when he couldn't hear He YunTing's heart in his ears, but still looked up at the other, "Good night."