Chapter 59

Lin Han's place wasn't high, and it only took a few minutes for someone to come up. After He YunTing nodded his consent, he disappeared from the light, and walked upstairs step by step.

Lin Han was still in a trance, not even hanging the communicator up. The other's shadow in the night was burned in his retina, and for a full minute his mind couldn't move.

What would he say when He YunTing came up? What would he do? How should he respond, or would he simply not want anything, everything was moving with him? Grr slipped out of its little blanket, and looked at Lin Han who was frozen in place with some confusion. He first tugged at Lin Han's pant leg, saw that he didn't respond and then climbed up, then climbed all the way up and finally stopped at the side of Lin Han's neck, rubbing him stickily.

Lin Han then came back to his senses and tenderly cupped Grr from his shoulder to his palm, but didn't say anything. Lin Han felt like he needed to do something else to distract himself from his current situation. He was obviously just waiting for He YunTing to come up, but he felt lost and confused for a few minutes, his breath and heartbeat were grabbed by an invisible hand.

Lin Han's nervousness also had some effect on Grr, who seemed to sense his master's distraction and didn't know how to comfort him, and finally could only try to stretch out his short tail and tickle him on his palm. Lin Han only came back to his senses after closing the window, taking a step to the door and undoing the lock.

At the same time, the man appeared in front of him.

He YunTing walked a bit hurriedly, his breath wasn't as steady as usual, his chest rose and fell slightly, while his eyes remained silent and unmoving.

The two hadn't seen each other for only a few days, but those days in the border area and Oddbound seemed like a long time ago, and each scene seemed like a lifetime ago when recalled.

Lin Han just tilted his head to look at him.

He YunTing really lost weight, his eyebrows were deeper and more severe than when we first met, the corners of his lips were still flat and cold, as if he was really as emotionless as he looked, and nothing could shake him in the slightest.

Grr didn't expect him to come, but didn't react as violently as Lin Han thought, only gave an angry "squeak" and then slowly retreated, knowing his strength.

In the uncomfortable silence, He YunTing finally tried to take a step closer, and then closed the door with his hand.

"Mr. Lin." He YunTing didn't care why Lin Han had just called him by his full name, but he still called him politely.

The estrangement between the two remained.

Lin Han, however, somehow felt an unbearable sadness in his heart just by looking at him with open eyes. He had a sudden urge, just looking at the man in front of him, he wanted to recklessly jump up and hug him, hugging him as tightly as possible, preferably with their bones and blood mingling together, inseparable.

He wanted He YunTing to call him by his name instead of courteously reciting the title that anyone could say. He wanted He YunTing to see only himself in his eyes and call only his name.

Lin Han remembered the somewhat rough gun calluses on the other man's fingers, his hug and the not-so-smooth heartbeat that used to be like his own. Just thinking about it, Lin Han suddenly felt so sad that he wanted to cry.

He YunTing, however, didn't know why his eyes turned red as soon as he came up to Lin Han, but he became overwhelmed with fear that his actions would frighten Lin Han, and he didn't even dare to press his fingers to the corners of his eyes.