Chapter 85

The most tormenting thing was, He YunTing hadn't returned yet, so even if he could plug Qin Zian's mouth today, he couldn't plug the thousands of citizens who could be more terrible than Qin Zian with such out-of-context gossip. This kind of thing simply couldn't be stopped as long as there was a hint of it.

"I know." He still smiled at Qi Jiamu, "Thank you."

Qi Jiamu opened his mouth to say something, but finally fell silent and only answered in a low voice. Qi Jiamu sent Lin Han to He YunTing's place and left.

Lin Han just stepped into the door and felt something different, guessing that the person in charge of regular maintenance had already come. In fact, since He YunTing didn't come back, the interior didn't need much care, and Lin Han smelled a scent of freshly turned soil.

The climate of the Empire wasn't very similar to that of the former Earth, so the flowering of tulips would be slightly delayed until late spring.

Lin Han saw this very large field of flowers a few days ago, and remembered that when the two of them were in the border area, he said that the tulips would be blooming soon after he returned, and wanted to wait for him to see them together.

But the flowers had only just grown to form stems and leaves, so He YunTing didn't even have time to take a look at them.

Lin Han walked to the flower field, each flower was well trimmed, he had never seen such a large field of flowers, in fact he was curious why He YunTing would plant such a large number of tulips. After all, he seemed to have no hobby, much less a sense of joy or anger.

But it's not like there's no good news, Lin Han thought.

At least when He YunTing returned, his favorite tulips would be in bloom.

Grr quickly adapted to his new life and has regained the awareness that He YunTing was really not here these days, and that the coat that frightened him was just an empty shell, not to be feared.

For example, when Lin Han wasn't looking, he would sneak up with his paws and pull on He YunTing's uniform, then land on the epaulets to show off his strength, thinking that when the man really appeared in front of him in this outfit, he would be able to compete with him — at least not in terms of his aura.

And Lin Han went back to He YunTing's study.

Since He YunTing said he had memory problems, the problem must've been with that day. He YunTing didn't allow himself to run around, and Lin Han couldn't find any other reason, so why not decide to start from that day, looking for any suspicious clues.

He first looked at He YunTing's attendance record once again, indeed, that time was the day of practical training that year. According to this year's strict level, He YunTing would stay with the sergeant in the base, if not for what happened, he simply couldn't be absent for an entire afternoon.

But what could have happened that day?

Lin Han searched the records for the same day for the three years before and after, showing that He YunTing had only left on that day, so there was no duplication. He also ran a search based on his shooting training, but couldn't find anything unusual.

Was there anything special about that day?

At the same time, he looked at the base's dispatch records for mecha, and no mecha had left the base that day. Lin Han had no idea, and he didn't have access to more detailed information about the base, so he was just about to put He YunTing's records away when his heart struck a chord.

Maybe he didn't have to start with He YunTing, but what had happened in the Empire itself that day. He quickly opened the lookup engine and typed in the date of that day, trying to find something else different in the news.