Chapter 48

Lin Han was a little surprised. He had heard of the name Xu Zhiheng, an older scholar, kind-eyed, amiable, with an aura of calmness and high academic attainment. When he came to the Imperial Military University as a visiting professor to give several lectures, although they worked in different fields, Lin Han liked his professionalism, and went to every lecture to listen.

He YunTing continued, "He found that this type of Omega sometimes looks no different from the rest, maybe a little thinner than normal, but often has extremely high mental power."

Lin Han listened very carefully, and gradually understood the origin of the so-called 'Burning Blood.'

After Xu Zhiheng discovered this kind of Omega was a good thing.

But after all, Omegas were subject to many restrictions, but in one of Professor Xu's research, he found that such Omegas after their gland damage would become different from ordinary people.

Both men and women, even if their bodies were still very thin, but as if injected with a hundred stimulants, they wouldn't feel tired, and could even withstand a higher degree of rigorous training than some Alphas.

"With the glands out, they're like... a natural born weapon." He YunTing said.

Just forget their gender and put aside their conscience, destroy their glands, and you could have a fighting machine that was a hundred times stronger than ordinary people. Even train them to become the best pilots.

"But then Professor Xu urgently called a halt to this matter."

Xu Zhiheng had always been more moderate in nature, moreover, he didn't want to cause a war. This was against human rights, furthermore the discovery was also purely accidental, already considered a travesty, and he couldn't continue to create artificial tragedy — even if the tragedy is framed with a grand reason, this fact cannot be concealed.

But some extreme radicals thought this was an excellent shortcut to train the Empire's blades, and even though Xu Zhiheng had done his best to stop it, some Omegas had their glands destroyed and became what they called 'weapons.'

Burning Blood Omegas were indeed very strong, some of them could almost break through the limits of human beings themselves to complete some impossible tasks.

Xu Zhiheng himself couldn't stand it and contacted many people, including his good friend Jiang Lian, and finally vetoed the research in the council, so no one was allowed to destroy an innocent Omega's gland in this way.

The research was, after all, a scandal, so neither side wanted more people to know about it, and finally under the intervention of the military, the matter eventually became a so-called 'military secret.'

Although not involved, He YunTing himself was naturally aware of this matter.

After the intervention of many parties, the matter was completely concealed, and the people involved were as secretive as if it had never existed.

But all of this happened years ago.

"It did die down for a long time, and the news was so deadly that not many people knew about it, even at the top. It got to the point where people really seemed to forget about it." He YunTing said, "I didn't expect it to reappear, it must have been researched privately by people who knew the truth back then against the ban. Because I had a feeling that this matter would probably not be able to be suppressed, I told Mr. Lin about it." He YunTing coldly said.

Lin Han had too much information to digest for a while before he replied, "I know."

Although it wasn't known yet who restarted the research and how long it started, but no matter how it was started, it was a creepy thing. How many Omegas would be injured and controlled this time?