Chapter 33

He YunTing placed the meteorite in his hand and left soon after.

The object in Lin Han's palm still carried He YunTing's warmth, while the other was still in a trance after he said 'Happy Birthday.'

It had been too long... He hadn't heard those simple words in a long time.

He looked down at the uniquely shaped stone, which was definitely not pretty, and his chest was filled with something light and gentle.

Since his heart had been empty for too long, and it was suddenly filled with something else, in this moment a strange yet soft emotion rushed up, and then spread out, all the way to Lin Han's fingertips.

Lin Han wrapped the small stone with his five fingers, lowered his eyes, and whispered, "Thank you, General."

He thought that if he told He YunTing about Qi Jiaze, he would tell him about the Omega with damaged glands. But just because he told He YunTing voluntarily, it didn't mean that the other had to go against his principles and reveal secrets to him.

Lin Han understood this reasoning, but he didn't expect that He YunTing would actually appear in front of him so carefully, just because he thought he would be angry.

Since Lin Han didn't speak for a long time, and the weird atmosphere hadn't disappeared yet, He YunTing misunderstood and thought that Lin Han didn't like his gift. He paused for a moment, before he explained, "Mr. Lin, don't mind that it's ugly."

Lin Han smiled, looked up at him, and wanted to say that he didn't.

"...It's really a star, I'm not lying to you." He YunTing didn't wait for Lin Han to say anything and added, "If Mr. Lin doesn't like it, I'll find another one if I have the chance."

There were still many opportunities anyway.

When Lin Han heard this, he slowly understood the meaning of He YunTing's words. He finally raised his lips and smiled, his pure black eyes shining with light, better than the bright star trails He YunTing had seen that day.

"Thank you, General, for the star," Lin Han held the gift of tens of thousands of light years away, "I like it very much."

He YunTing then seemed to calm his heart down — and, as a sign, after getting rid of his nervousness his expression became indifferent once again.

But Lin Han no longer thought that this face was unapproachable, he instead felt a tinge of joy at being able to recognize the delicate, soft emotions behind He YunTing's coldness.

I'm the only one who knows these little secrets.

Lin Han saw that the other was still standing in the same place, seemingly thinking about something.

"General?" Lin Han called him, "What's wrong?"

He saw that He YunTing had doubts in his expression.

Lin Han recalled that Lu AnHe had once said that General never had a birthday, and didn't even remember what day his own birthday was.

He YunTing asked him, "A day like this... Is there any other way to spend it besides giving gifts?"

By saying that, it seemed that He YunTing didn't have a good birthday either. Not only did he not have a good time, he was almost stabbed and killed, causing the wound on his shoulder to worsen.

Lin Han regretted for a moment being so emotional towards He YunTing that day, or at least, he should have stayed with him a little longer.

Lin Ha recalled his memories, "I suppose there's not much else. When my mother was still alive, she would buy a cake and let me make a wish." Lin Han said, a little embarrassed, "...But that was many years ago and now it seems quite childish. The wishes made at that time were also simple, many of them I can't even remember."