Chapter-10

I throwed up in the toilet as my brothers waited outside

I throwed up in the toilet as my brothers waited outside. Thankfully, i reached the washroom in time.

My stomach was aching from all those vomiting and my head felt heavy.

I washed my face and started at the mirror. The same feelings haunted me, regret, disgust and guilt.

I tore my gaze away, fighting the urge to just through something at the mirror or just punch it and watch it shatter. Maybe that would satisfy me.

I stepped outside and met with my worried brothers. Everyone except Damien. I was too tired to care about his problem.

"Lia, are you okay? It's your second time throwing up and you don't seem well. Let's visit the doctor?" He asked me as if I was a fragile thing that would break any minute.

I shook my head and was making my way past them when Raffaele stopped me.

"We need to get you checked up Lia. We need to make sure your all right. Who knows why that monster did to you. He probably even-"

Carlo stopped Raffaele before he could finish. He gave me some pills and water for my upset stomach but I declined it and left. I really needed some fresh air.

Stopping by for fresh air when i needed it used to be something that seemed like a dream once and now, i intended to make the most of it.

My brothers came behind me soon after and just stayed with me in silence for a while.

Soon that silence was broken when my world blacked out again and my head hit the ground.

The moment Marcello's son, Andrew shot Lia and she fell limp on my hands, i found myself feeling the same things i felt when i lost her for the first time

My hands began trembling and i was screaming at her to wake up.

Matteo called for our family doctor who was on standby with the backup team just in case. He came seconds later and began treating Lia.

Damien picked up his gun and shot Andrew with trembling hands and it hit his knees as he screamed in pain.

Why would Andrew shoot her when just a moment ago he seemed to care the world about her.

Andrew fell on the floor and began crawling away. Pathetic son of a bitch.

Damien was about to shot him again when gunshots fired at us from all directions. We bought Lia to safety along with the doctor and began firing back. Seconds later, the backup team arrived and we outnumbered them.

We couldn't catch anyone of them as they escaped before we could reach them.

As the firing calmed, we realised Andrew was gone.

Shit, it was a distraction to take him.

We lost him and Marcello but at that moment all we cared about was saving Lia.

Back to present

Raffaele was about to say something stupid again but I stopped him just in time.

Lia was clearly unwell and stressing her out with things that she clearly wants to forget, won't help her condition.

I gave her pills but she refused and went outside. She probably needs time to open up to us.

We followed her outside and stood there observing her in silence when all of a sudden she fainted.

We all rushed towards her. Lia was burning and she looked so weak and tired.

I felt tears roll down as i found my sister in this helpless state. I despised myself for not finding her sooner and being by her side. My blood boiled as i thought about what that bastard might have done to my baby.

We rushed her to the best hospital run by our family and what the doctors told us, left us shocked and broken than we already were.

Lia was pregnant.