Chapter-16

"What is it" i asked

What happened and why the hell was he crying?

"Can I come in. There's a lot I need to explain and apologize" he said looking at me expectedly.

I opened the door a bit more for him to enter. He stared at the room for quite a while.

"Matty can be quite overboard sometimes." He said

"I can see it" I said while a laugh

"Maybe we can redecorate it sometime" he asked.

"Ya maybe someday, your brothers said the same thing"

"Our...Lia. our brothers. We're family" he said.

I didn't reply to that.

I sat on the edge of the bed and Damien sat on a chair in front of me. He looked like he didn't sleep for days and he had dark circles.

"Listen...I-I'm sorry. I was an asshole towards you. I was just embarrassed to face you and felt that I failed you as a brother. I know that doesn't justify my actions. I promise to make it up to you. I'll be better. Will y-you forgive m-me...please?"

He sounded sincere as he looked at me eagerly waiting for my reply.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know who to trust or if I will ever be able to trust anyone again. Back then I had no choice but to trust and belive dad-i mean Justin's actions and words. But now I'm not sure. I don't trust anyone.

But right then, while Damien looked at me as he spoke his heart, something in me knew that I've changed. I was growing closer to these guys and i was opening up to them. Strangely when their around, i let my guard down and i hated it. I was not ready yet to open up to anyone but these guys had some effect in me.

" Just treat me like you did. That's for the best." I said

" I know it's hard for you to forgive me Lia but I won't give up. I wanna be your brother again. I want us to go back to how we were and no matter how long that takes, I'll keep trying." He said as his eyes teared up. A look of determination in his eyes.

I didn't know what to say to that so I just remained silent.

"Oh and i almost forgot. You'll be going to school from next week"

"WHAT!"

That got me completely off guard.

"We can homeschool you till you umm..give birth. No pressure. We didn't want you to miss out on your education and all"

"No- no that's fine. School sounds good." I replied awkwardly

I've always wondered what it would be like going to school. I've never been in a place filled with people my age and just the thought would get me excited.