Chapter-12

It has been a while since all that happened

It has been a while since all that happened. Thirty minutes maybe.

I was sitting there on the hospital bed...again, letting it all sink in.

"Amelia, I want you to let us know a few things. I know that this all may be a really difficult for you but we need you to answer some questions. Is that all right?" Layla said in a soft tone as if anything more would break me.

I nodded my head in response.

I was scared...really scared of what she was about to say. It was all too much.

"Y-you are pregnant Amelia. Your 3 weeks al-"

"STOP! J-just stop. " I cut Layla off. I didn't wanna believe it. I can't. It was too unfair.

I started crying my heart out. I felt weak and helpless.

My brothers were trying to comfort me but they too looked broken. Matteo and Damien were crying and the Carlo was holding back. Raffaele looked so broken and all this felt so surreal.

Layla asked them to step out. Rest of my brothers except Raffaele went out reluctantly.

"Please Amelia, hang in there. I'll give you some time to let it all sink in and come back. You need to make up your mind before it's too late, but remember no matter what your decision is, we'll be there for you." Layla said

" Make up my mind? What do you mean by that"

"You could go for an abortion. With your condition now, giving birth would be risky and besides you needn't bare the consequences for that monster's action...whoever did this to you"

"No" I replied staring blank at the wall.

" Let's talk later baby...get some rest now. We'll go for the abortion tomorrow. I know it's all too much now but I swear starting tomorrow, things will be different." Raffaele said

"I said NO. I don't want an abortion it's my baby."

"Lia, I don't think you get it-"

"I don't think YOU get it. No one does. You want me to kill my own child. Fine then kill me first." I said tears streaming down my face. I was gonna protect this kid even if it's the last thing I do.

"Ooh Lia. I'm sorry. I-im so so so s-sorry my baby. I failed you. Oh god I'm so sorry Lia" Raffaele fell on his knees before me and broke down. I never thought I would see Raffaele like this.

Thirty more minutes passed as we sat there in silence.

Rest of my brothers came in too. They all were trying to make me happy. Telling me stories of my childhood, of how cute and adorable I was and every mischief I did along with my brothers.

They told me about my mother with so much love that I was starting to feel that maybe dad...I mean Justin was wrong.

I just stared blankly my hand still trembling, occasionally smiling lightly at my forgotten memories.

Just then the atmosphere got serious as Layla came.

"Hey. How are you feeling now"

"Better" i said knowing damn well what was gonna follow.

"Are you ready now." She asked

I could feel my brothers get tense but right now I felt ready.

They were not getting their sweet little Lia back, but they were gonna know how she died along with Ashley a month ago.

_________________________________

Hey guys.

I'm really sorry for the delay in update.

I was really busy with school work and my book was not going really well or getting much views.

But I realised that there are few readers who enjoy reading my book and they made me wanna continue writing and updating again💞

If there's any improvement that I should make...plz let me know.

Plz do vote and support my book and comment if you like it. It will really help me a lot and make my whole day✨💞