Chapter-13

As we all sat there waiting for Amelia to speak, I could feel my heartbeat quicken and my eyes tearing up

As we all sat there waiting for Amelia to speak, I could feel my heartbeat quicken and my eyes tearing up. My hands started to sweat and I've never felt like this since the day we lost her.

My blood boiled at the thought of what our sister went through. I just couldn't imagine how scared she must have felt there all alone with that monster.

When Lia was born, we all swore that we would give her the best life. The moment she came into this world, she stole all our hearts. She was our everything.

Even father who never bat an eye when we were hurt and taught us how to get back up ourselves was bawling his eyes out when Lia once fell from the stairs and hurt her hand.

Right now as we sat there, knowing that our sister had went through hell, we all knew that we failed as her brothers.

I was not ready to hear what she had to say. I couldn't just sit there and listen to how our sister was tortured while we were oblivious to all these ever happening.

If only I could take away all her pain, I would gladly give up my life for that.

"Are you ready" Layla asked.

Lia was staring at the wall lost in thought as she nodded her head. I couldn't make out how she was feeling inside.

"If you need more time than you can say so dear. I'll come back another time." Layla said

"No, I need to say it right now"

"Ok then, tell me if the question is too hard to answer or if you need more time."

Amelia nodded her head.

"Did Marcelo...I mean, did Justin ever touch you in an inappropriate way or did anything uncomfortable, do you get what I mean"

My heart sank. I couldn't control my tears. The very thought of someone doing those horrible things to her was too much.

"No, he never raped me. It was not him"

We all looked at her shocked.

If it was not that son of a bitch then who was it.

How much as our baby sister suffered. I clenched my hands, holding in the anger and sadness so that I don't burst out.

"If it was not him, then who is it." Layla asked

Carlo got up and punched the wall over and over again untill Raffaele pulled him away. Lia was trembling and Carlo kept mumbling sorry to her.

Damien got up and rushed outside. Maybe it was all too much for him. Lia and he were like best friends.

"Are you alright to continue dear. Do you need more time" Layla asked while patting her slowly to which Lia pushed away her hand.

"Yes I'm fine" she said.

"A month ago, I sneaked out once at night. I had a friend back then, she was my only friend really. I wasnt allowed to go out, but then I used to sneak out at night sometimes when it felt suffocating. Andy knew that, he kept it a secret because he knew I'd get in trouble if Justin knew.

I met her once when I sneaked out and we kinda became best friends. She told me everything about what as happening outside.

I sneaked out once like any other night. It was fun, I had the best time then. That was untill we were being followed.

Some bullies from her school. She was terrified of them and I was bit too brave then.

There were five or six of them, two of them were girls, those were the once who bullied her, I don't know who the boys were.

The started picking on her, I stood up for her an then the boys came in. They started saying some things to me. I got angry and punched one. They just laughed and pined me to the ground. Two of them pinned me while the other two....t-they were doing things to her. Made me watch.

She was screaming. She kept screaming and I was helpless. All I could do was watch.

They were having fun you know. They were laughing like maniacs. Kept doing it even as she screamed and begged for them to stop. I did everything I could to break free but they kept hurting me more.

Once they were finished, they just tossed her to the side like she was some dirt on their way. And then they came to me.

I-I couldn't do anything. I just let them do what they want because all I could see then was her. She was not moving....at all.

She was bleeding from everywhere and and there were blood. S-she was not breathing. The girls were filming everything.

They started to-to touch me. It just hurt everywhere and-and"

"Shhh...it's ok, you can stop now." Layla said

My hands began trembling. Raffaele was crying. Carlo just stared at her. He was trembling now. He tried to get up and fell on his knees and just began saying sorry for not being there. He was mumbling things and was shaking with tears streaming down his eyes.

I didn't know what was happening to me. All this she told to me right now, the fact that she went through it.

I broke down. I don't know what came to me, I just broke down. I went to her and and rested my face on her legs and just broke down.

"I'm sorry. I'm s-so so sorry. I didn't know. I couldn't do anything. Oh my god. My baby" I kept crying.

Raffaele eyes were bloodshot with anger. Whoever did this to her would beg yo us to kill them. We would make sure of it.

We all just sat there with her for a long time. All our hearts filled with anger and thirst. A thirst that will not be quenched untill we find those son of a bitches and make them pay.

Thirst for revenge.