Chapter - 17

"Yes

"Yes. Y-yes it is. What's wrong?" I asked.

I was getting a bit uneasy now.

"Nothing honey" father said giving me a reassuring smile but I didn't buy it.

Something was definitely wrong.

"Do you know who gave this to you" Carlo asked by the time Damien came back with the ice pack.

Raffaele took the ice pack from Damien who was confused with the sudden change in environment. His expression suddenly changing when he saw my bracelet. Just like the others.

"No I don't. Do you guys know something? What is it?"

They all exchanged looks, unsure what to do.

"What is it!" I asked, this time a bit louder.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it" father said

After all this, they don't want me to 'worry' about it. Make it make sense.

"Seriously guys. I thought you wanted me to trust you and you want me to while all you do is hide things from me. You all know something and until I feel that you told me every truth, I'm sorry I can't see you as a family. For all i know you could be worse than Justin "

With that i stormed up to the 'pink' room.

Few moments later I heard a soft knock.

"What" i asked annoyed

"Can we come in" Matteo asked

"Do i have a choice "

With that they opened the door and came in all my brothers and my father.

Father kneeled before me and i flinched a little. Dang it.

He looked hurt at the same time angry. Not at me though. He gently placed his hand on mine but I snatched it away.

He got up looking hurt and sat on the chair before me.

"I'm sorry honey. I know I always end up disappointing you. But some things are better left unsaid. At least for now. I promise, I'll let you know everything when the time is right but for now, i want you to focus on your health and your child. I know i was unwelcoming at first but trust me, it's not because I dislike you or your child, i was embarrassed as a father. That i allowed you to go through all this, that i failed you. It's not your or your child's fault . I never thought that way, trust me. He or she is not responsible with what those monsters did to you. They deserve hell, but"

He gently placed his hand on my stomach

"This little one, she or he deserves everything. And I'll make sure that you both get that. Trust me you'll never have to go through all those ever again. P-please my darling daughter, trust your dad. I failed you once, i lost you, but I never want it to happen again. I-I...I just want my daughter back. Please, give this unworthy father a second chance."

He held my hand and was sobbing uncontrollably while saying sorry over and over again.

I didn't loose my family. They were there this whole time. The family that i longed for this whole time while i was rotting away in that hellhole, pathetically making up excuses for that sorry excuse of a human being who constantly abused me and called me his daughter.

They were right there, searching for me this whole time.

It may take time, long time for me to open up to them, to anyone, still...i want to give it a try. Maybe everything that i ever wished for was them. Maybe, if maybe, i give them a chance I'll finally be able to get out of this dart pit I'm constantly in. Emotionally and physically. I hope they can heal me. I want them to heal me.

I cry, hugging my dad who's already crying his heart out. Soon enough all my brothers join us in the hug. And finally i feel whole. I feel complete.

~A week later~

A week went by in a haze. Everyday I did painting with Matteo who now I've started calling Matty.

(Matty - Matteo , Carry - carlo , Rafe- Raffaele, Dan - Damien)

Carry and Rafe had been really busy but they always made time to have dinner together.

Carry got jealous of Matty, saying it was unfair how he got to spend time with me so he said that from next week onwards he's gonna teach me guitar (which I already know a little but whatever).

Dan constantly did things to make up to me but secretly I've already forgiven him. It's really funny everything he does to 'make up' so I decided to keep the act a bit longer.

He once tried to bake a cake and almost burned the whole house down.

Dad and i grew pretty close. It happened when one day I had a nightmare. It was not a bad one in which I wake up screaming, but nevertheless i didn't wanna be alone.

I went downstairs for some water and dad was there doing work in his computer. He said i could sleep with him if I was scared.

He told me all about mom that night. A little about his job, turns out they help people a lot too. He also told me a little about my childhood and I sounded complete opposite of how i was now.

And now here i was getting ready for school.

Thankfully it was not time for my baby bump to show yet. i just needed to be careful. We frequently went on checkups.

Since school started, everyday after school on Monday, Wednesday and Friday's we would go on checkup's.

Dad said he wanted to drop me to school. Rafe said it was not a good idea since it could be dangerous and all but dad pulled his sentiment act and when that didn't work he said it was an 'order'.

Carry said he would accompany dad whenever possible and the other days Rafe would.

Matty surprisingly is a tattoo artist and since his shop opens at morning he wont be able to drop me.

I asked Dan to hide the fact that i was a Luciano and fortunately he understood and agreed.

Dan usually goes alone in his bike and dad would take a different car (the one without Luciano trademark) for safety reasons.

Me and my brothers went to the mall and bought clothes and all the necessities, including things for school.

And like that i was finally ready to go to school..

___________

A/N

Im sorry that i didn't introduce Lucas in this chapter.

He'll come in the next chapter for sure. This ch was longer than expected so i decided to bring him in the next ch.

Dont forget to vote and comment.

Your support would mean the world to me!