Chapter-15

Hmm

Hmm...I don't know what I was expecting.

For him to run towards me and shower me with all the love that I missed from my father for all these years?

I felt a weird pain in my chest when he just left like that.

Maybe he's ashamed to look at me. His daughter who went missing for 7 yrs, one day came back pregnant with a child she didn't even know who's father is.

"Just give him some time Lia. He just don't know how to express his feelings. He'll come around soon" Matteo said trying to reassure me.

I just nodded my head.

"Come on. I'll show you your room" Carlo said.

"It's upstairs. If your having a hard time climbing the stairs and all,just let us know. We'll prepare a room downstairs" Raffaele said.

"Anything's fine" i replied

I didn't care where I would be staying. As soon as I give birth, I'll runaway from this all.

I still have no idea what to do with this child. I'm not ready. I don't know how to take care of it, or anything about parenting.

I'm afraid and scared. I don't wanna screw up this child's life. It would be better if it was not born at all and the idea of abortion was really tempting. But something in me couldn't let go of the child.

Its crazy how i felt a connection towards it, i felt a need to protect it, to care for it and watch it grow. But at the same time..I'm scared.

I followed my brothers upstairs. The house was huge and like a maze. I was trying my best to memorize the way.

We turned to a corridor upstairs. It had two doors to the left and three to the right. There was one door at the far end too. That door looked grand with golden design and all.

"Mine , Damein and Matty's room is in the left and you'rs and Raffaele's in the right., if you need anything feel free to ask any of us" Carlo said.

Each door was different. One of the door to the left was black in colour with a few gold touch, and i was pretty sure that room was Carlo's. The other door had a sunset painted. It looked beautiful. It was a painting of a beach, the reflection of the sunset fell upon the sea. I stared at it for quite some time.

"Did you like it" Matteo said with a huge smile.

"Is it your room" i asked

"Yes" he said

"It looks nice" I said still staring at it.

"We could paint sometimes together whenever you feel like it" he said his smile never leaving his face.

I did like painting and killing some time with it didn't sound so bad. I nodded my head.

The other door was a white one with two pair of handprints with paint. It was Damein's

"It's yours and Danny's handprint. You probably don't remember but you guys used to be best buddies." Raffaele said

I looked away.

He probably don't like me now anyways, seeing how he ignores me like a plague now. I saw him once when we reached this house, but he just left without looking at me once. No that I care....i guess .

One of the door on the other side was a plain navy blue door and i guess it is Raffaele's.

I turned around and looked at Raffaele pointing at the door and he nodded conforming my doubt.

I turned to the door right next to it, and what I saw made me so sure that the moment I open it, i was gonna puke.

The door was pink in colour with pink fluffy cotton decorated as clouds and pink lights and stuff.

I turned around to find Matteo with a wide smile looking proud.

"It's not mine right" i asked hopefully

"Did you like it that much. Oh dear, only the best for you." He said.

Carlo looked at me with sympathy whereas Raffaele and Matteo was clueless.

Carlo was surely gonna be my fav brother.

"So you liked it" Raffaele asked hopefully

"It's pink. It's really pink. Pink is good. It doesn't make me puke, at all" I said sarcastically

"I told ya she's gonna hate it" Carlo said with a shrug

"You don't like it" Matteo asked looking like a hurt puppy.

"No it's fine" i said

"Oh God you hate it" he said looking worried

"I'll get it changed for you as soon as possible, till then you can sleep in Matty's room and he'll sleep in yours" Raffaele said which drained the colour out of Matteo's face.

I let out a laugh.

"No, that's fine." I said.

It's not like I'm gonna stay here for a long time.

"I'm sorry Lia. I'm really sorry. You loved pink when you were little. I thought you'll like it"Matteo said. His eyes tearing up.

"Well I've changed." I said

"But thanks for the effort. It's not that bad" I said.

"How about we decorate your room together. According to your taste" Carlo suggested.

Matteo and Raffaele seems to love the idea too and looked at me expectedly.

"Maybe some other day. I'm tired" i said.

I didn't wanna open up to them. I didn't wanna risk getting close to them although it was late for that since I could feel myself getting closer to my brothers the more i spend time with them.

I didn't want that to happen anymore. It was better if I stayed away.

I went to my temporary room.

It was...pink.

I went in and laid on the bed. My brothers went to their own room once I refused their invitation for a tour around the house saying i was tired...again.

I dossed off as soon as I laid. The bed was comfy and i had a good sleep for the first time. I was getting comfortable with my brothers around and i didn't like it nor could i help it.

I need to get away soon before I get more close. I knew that I would end up getting hurt again.

______________

I think I slept for quite a while.

I was woken up by a knock on the door and when I got up, it was dark outside.

I opened the door still feeling sleepy.

I rubbed my eyes and when I looked up, it was Damein with puffy eyes looking like he cried for hours.

"Can we talk"