Chapter 3

Kallia couldn't help but think she was getting weird look from everyone. She was on her lunch break and people were looking at her strangely. Like she was an outsider.

She look up at the sound of heels and felt like she's in one of those over dramatic movies with sobriety sisters.

"So this is the new girl."

She look at the woman strangely who was acting like she's a celebrity or something.

"You're not as pretty as they say."

A look of realization came over Kallia's face as she see where the hostility came from. She's probably use to people telling her she's beautiful so she feels threatened.

Kallia stood up with a polite smile on her face. "I don't know what your problem is but I'm here to work and not run for a pageant."

"Not so fast."

"What do you want from me ah? I didn't do anything to you."

"You being here is a problem. Hold her."

Kallia went into fight mode as two women grab her. Her fist connect with one of them nose loosing the grip on her arm. She punch the other girl and the crunch was satisfying.

"I'm a black belt. Karate and Jitsu."

The woman grinds her teeth in anger before lunging at Kallia. With a round house kick the woman flew into the pastry counter.

This isn't how she expect her first day ok the job to go.

"What is going on here?"

"Mr. Adams. This woman attack Lindsay and the others."

Kallia take her ice water and pour it on her bruised knuckles.

"Kallia come with me."

Kallia set the bottle on the table and follow Mr. Adams. Her first day was turning to hell.

"I know you're not at fault."

That's a relief.

"Lindsay is the bosses' fiancée so she thinks she's above everyone. She deserves it."

"You're talking about your boss. Won't you get fired for that?"

"Hardly. He think the same."

Kallia didn't think that's a healthy relationship. The marriage is doomed and its not even official yet.

"Heads up. You'll be facing the boss."