Chapter 18

"Sirius I hate surprises."

"You'll love this I promise." She held his wrist since she can't see. He let her off work early because he has a surprise for her. She has always hate surprises but she can look pass it this once. "Step up here."

She step up slowly and then another until they were walking straight again.

"Don't open your eyes."

Kallia heard a door open before Sirius was behind her again. She heard soft music and her smile widen.

"OK." He remove his hands and she open her hers.

She gasp. "Oh my God! Sirius this is beautiful! I love it so much."

"Thank God. I was having a panic attack thinking you wouldn't like it."

"I love it so much. This is the best surprise I've ever gotten."

"Right this way my beautiful lady." She giggle and take his hand. He lead her to the table in the middle of the ballroom and pull out her chair.

"Thank you."

Sirius pull out his chair and sit.

"This is so beautiful."

She look around in awe. The high ceiling was decorated in flowers and there were blooming vines going up the wall.

"Where is everybody?"

"I send them away. Except for the chefs of course."

A waiter came out with a tray. "Good afternoon. I'm Rafael and I will be your waiter tonight. First up we have Jeroboam of Chateau Mouton-Rothschild 1945."

The waiter pour two glasses before walking away.

"Sirius this is over $300000."

"Yes. The very best for my lady of course. And you know your wine."

"Of course. Its one of the most prestigious wines ever made in the vineyards of Nathaniel Rothschild."

"I'm impressed. You keep surprising me."

"I'm full of surprises."

She take a sip of her wine and bask in the flavors.

"You can taste a hint of mint. Not too much to override the other ingredients."

"This bottle has been sitting in my vault for a long while. Never have a reason to bring it out. Until now."

The waiter came out again with his tray.

"We have Creamy Steak Fettuccine."

"Thank you."

"My pleasure."

The waiter left and Kallia take a whiff of the delicious dish infront of her.

"Smell good doesn't it?"

"Very." She take a bite and moan in delight."

"Be careful love. We're alone here."

Kallia blush. "I love food."

"I can see that. I will cook for you one day."

"You can cook?"

"Don't sound so surprise love. I might be the king but I'm great in the kitchen."

"I want you to teach me. I can't cook to save my life. But I can bake."

"It's good that you can't cook. We won't have to argue about who to cook. I can bring you breakfast in bed."

"I can see it already."

He chuckle and eat.