Chapter 8

RAELYNN

⚠️⚠️⚠️

Darkness.

I'm engulfed by it.

I looked around and found nothing but empty darkness.

A sudden thud startled me, goosebumps erupting on my skin all over.

Turning towards the direction the sound came from, I squinted my eyes slightly to see clearly in the darkness.

All I could see was the silhouette of a mediumly tall man walking towards me.

A familiar yet strange fear struck me, dread churning my lower abdomen.

With labored breathing, I took a step back, my hands falling freely on either side, my palms fisting the sides of the dress I'm wearing.

When my palms fisted the dress I'm wearing, my breath hitched and my steps halted, my entire existence frozen in place.

The feeling of the cheap texture of the thin fabric against the skin of my palms hit me like a splash of cold reality.

This cannot be true.

This feels exactly like the gown I used to wear in that broth*l 7 years ago.

H-How ........... What-t

My thoughts were fumbling, shocked and scared at the situation.

This-

My thoughts were interrupted with the sound of the quickened pace of the footsteps approaching me.

Scared, I tried to take a step back, but my legs hit something hard at the back of my calf.

Looking back, I found a faint light illuminating the familiar dirty, thin mattress.

Under the faint illumination of that light, I looked at myself and my entire being froze, shocked.

I looked shorter.

I looked slimmer.

I looked beaten.

Frowning, I touched my arms. The nail scratches and teeth bite marks felt fresh.

A pain in my nether region hit me hard, a freezing cold breeze caressing my bare legs.

Before I could comprehend anything, I felt a presence behind me, his face close to my left ear, his finger slowly moving up from the tip of my palm, his smelly breath fanning the left side of my face.

I know who he is.

I know his presence.

I know the fear he invokes.

The master.

The middle aged man who runs the entire broth*l, always keeping the women on edge by instilling fear and pain.

Every inch of my body trembled, terribly scared, my chest constricting painfully tight, my brain panicking, yelling at me to move, to run, to ......... give up.

"Why are you so scared?", his voice came through, scaring me badly.

I did not answer.

I am too scared to.

"You weren't that scared when you tried to escape. Why now?", he asked further in a condescending tone.

My lips parted slightly to catch a breath that seemed to be stuck at the base of my throat.