Chapter 20

170+ Votes!

VINCENT

{TW : Gore, Violence}

"Fine, I'll meet that lady."

It's been one day since I said that to Aurelio and he's been awfully enthusiastic about it.

Since I had to deal with the captain of the territory I was attacked in, I was busy the whole day in traveling and managing the matters.

Right now, as I sat in the middle of the warehouse calmly, leisurely leaning back on the chair, a handful of men working under the captain were forced to their knees and held in place while Dean and Joy, Cavin's immediate subordinates, were handling the captain himself, as numerous corpses lied around us, blood splattered all across the ground.

"AHHHHHH"

The tortured screams of the captain filled the air, satisfying my nerves.

The symbol of our organization that he had got tattooed on his arm was peeled off, his eyes scooped out, limbs castrated, the skin on his face removed, cutting off some flesh near his jaw, his tongue cut and so were his lips.

"So, how's the art? Isn't it better than yours?", Dean asked, smirking at Joy, satisfied with his work.

Joy rolled his eyes, scoffing, standing a few feet away from the captain's squirming body.

As I stood up from my chair calmly, both of them straightened up, alert.

"Confiscate everything from his wife, the house and estates, every single penny.", I ordered firmly.

"Yes, sir.", they replied in unison.

Treason is irredeemable and every penny earned under my organization will be taken back from the family, irrespective of their situation.

Men in my organization know well how ruthlessly the family of the traitors will be casted out.

It fosters them to think carefully even to imagine betraying me.

I then looked at the handful of the captain's subordinates I left alive. They cowered away at my gaze, trembling badly.

I gestured to my men to let them go and as soon as they were set free, they ran out with wobbling legs and wavering steps, terrified.

Those men will be my medium in spreading the statement made in this warehouse.

The statement of how agonizing a death will be rewarded to double-crossers.

Turning around, I took a step forward to leave, but stopped when Joy asked a question.

"Sir, about this bast**d-", he trailed off, referring to the struggling and crying captain.

"Let him rot slowly.", I ordered coldly, not turning around, and walked away.

"Yes, sir.", he replied, a twisted satisfaction lacing his tone.

After a short drive to the airport and a flight, I reached back home late at night.

Checking on my siblings, I walked to the dining room to eat.

Removing my blazer and folding the sleeves of my shirt to my elbows, I cooked a small plate of noodles and sat at the table to eat in silence.

A few minutes later, the dining room door opened, interrupting me.

My grandmother walked in calmly and settled on the seat to the right of mine.

"You came home so late today.", she started gently.