Chapter 29

220+ Votes!

RAELYNN

"By the way, I'm her fiancé.", Milan stated firmly, draping his arm around my shoulder.

His words shocked me, rendering me speechless for a moment.

Before I could compose myself and look at him, he firmly led me away from there, leaving Vincent behind.

We walked for a while, but I pushed his arm off angrily as soon as his words and actions sunk in.

I looked at him with anger swirling in my eyes while my face remained extremely stoic so as to not grab attention from others.

"I'm sorry I surprised you that way, but I don't mean anything wrong. You know how much I love Liz, right?", Milan said, slightly raising his hands in surrender.

"What's your intention in saying something so outrageous?", I asked, my tone taut in fury.

"What was I supposed to do? That Marino guy was talking to you and I was worried he was approaching you with some dirty motives. So, I had to meddle in and I said something impulsive.", he answered, exasperated.

"Dirty motives?", I questioned, furrowing my brows slightly.

"You know the kind of rumors that surround him, right? How can I trust your safety around a man like that!", Milan exclaimed calmly, his gaze earnestly concerned.

I clicked my tongue in irritation, shaking my head.

I really appreciate Milan's concern and I'm grateful even, but I also know Vincent is far from being a disgusting pervert.

However, I cannot say that to Milan, since I can't tell him I got involved in some mafia mess and have stayed in the Marino mansion for two whole weeks.

It bothers me though that Milan thinks of Vincent as a typical womanizer when he's anything but that.

"Raelynn", Milan called out, raising his voice.

I broke out of my daze and looked at him.

"What are you thinking?", he asked, frowning.

"Nothing. You have done it now, but never say something of this sort in front of anyone ever again. It'll start rumors.", I stated sternly.

"I won't.", he replied, pinching his throat slightly, as if swearing.

"And you should maintain distance from that guy. He's the last person anyone should get involved with.", Milan advised firmly.

Before I could reply, we were interrupted by one of his friends calling him over and he turned around to leave after I nodded.

Before he could go far, I called him out.

"Milan", I called him.

He turned slightly, raising a brow.

I hesitated for a moment to speak.

"Vinc- .. Mr. Marino is well mannered and respectful, unlike what everyone thinks.", I said calmly, unsure why I'm defending a person I'm angry at.

Milan frowned in suspicion and was going to say something, but his friend called over again and taking the chance, I turned and walked away, knowing I'm not ready to answer his questions.

I didn't know Vincent would attend this event too and when I saw him amidst a noisy crowd surrounding him, I felt nervous.

Dressed in a complete black three-piece suit and his hair neatly swept back, his presence tall, elegant and authoritative, he looked more dashing than usual.