Chapter 17

160+ Votes!

-------NOTE------

Dear readers, I'm sorry for the late update. I edited this chapter way too many times and hence it got late. However, I'm really sorry for the delay.

Coming to the previous chapter, thank you for the votes and thank you a million tons for all the exciting comments that made me extremely delightful.

Hope you'll keep supporting me further too.

Enjoy reading!!!

----NOTE ENDS---

VINCENT

"Do you know Hernan Romero?", I asked calmly, looking at her.

Her hand froze midair, her posture stiffening evidently.

That reaction spiked my suspicion further.

She placed the fork down and after a moment's pause, she leaned back and looked me straight in the eyes.

"I don't know who you're talking about.", she replied in a neutral tone.

Lie.

As stoic as her eyes were, they couldn't conceal the specks of anger, loathe and anxiety flickering faintly within those orbs.

Steering her gaze away from me, she picked her fork up and continued eating silently.

I let the silence take over as my mind drifted to the questions.

Hernan Romero is an out and out thug who revels in manipulating local captains in our organization, blackmailing them, sprouting the seeds of rebellion. Apart from his efforts to meddle in our business, he wanders around in bro**els, tortures and rapes wives, daughters and any female relatives of those who do not submit to his whims to force them onto his side.

A barbaric bast**d.

How, then, is he related to her?

What could be the link between them?

Is she a victim or a co-conspirator?

Most importantly, has she seen him?

Does she know how he looks?

That's the biggest question I have.

How does Hernan Romero look?

All I've got to know until now is that he has green eyes, a scar on his face, probably a man in his thirties, slightly shorter than me, an Italian with black hair.

Although my sisters have seen him when they were kidnapped, I cannot ask them to relive the trauma just to get a sketch drawn.

And whenever he deals with someone in my organization, he talks directly to them and avoids being seen by the others in that warehouse.

Some of the spies I planted in every warehouse have seen his assistant and other members of his short group, but have never directly seen him.

Also, whenever he gets cornered, he kills his own subordinates to create a distraction and an opening to escape.

A cowardly opportunist in true sense, but an intelligent one nonetheless.

But, that's what's making me wonder.