Chapter 14

Target : 150+ Votes!

-----NOTE----

Dear readers, I'm publishing this chapter since you at least managed to reach 150 votes for the previous chapter, even if you didn't do it for the rest of them. 😗

But the next chapter will be published only if you complete 150+ votes for all the previous chapters. 😤

----NOTE ENDS---

RAELYNN

"I'll go check by the river. Stay in that cave until I return.", Mr. Marino instructed firmly, handing me one of the guns.

"What if I shoot you?", I asked, raising a brow.

"You wouldn't.", he replied calmly.

"Why not?", I questioned, frowning slightly.

"Because you know you cannot take me down.", he said, his tone blunt.

"Arrogance.", I muttered, annoyed.

He then turned around and walked away to find the river.

I scoffed slightly at his retreating back.

The only reason I decided to come with him was because I didn't want to throw my life away unnecessarily.

The man sure has some spine chilling gaze.

Not that it scared me, but I sure was startled when I saw his eyes up close while he was holding my wrist behind my back.

I don't trust him an ounce and I would certainly not wait for him to return.

The whole reason for this situation is him and staying with him would only increase the risk. Not to forget that he is a mafia bast**d too.

Just because he's handsome and decent doesn't mean he's a good person. People often fall for such superficial charms.

The only good thing is he gave me a gun. It'll be useful in case something comes up.

Tucking the dagger at the front of my waist, I held the gun in my right hand on alert, removing its safety lock.

I continued walking briskly in the path we were moving in.

The faster I get away from this forest and that man, the safer I'll be.

As I walked a little distance, I heard the faint sound of footsteps coming from a distance.

Is he back?

Wait.

There are multiple footsteps.

Oh cr*p!

The sudden sound of gunshots from faraway jolted my instincts.

Wait, if someone's firing somewhere that far, then it means Mr. Marino is over there. That concludes my suspicion right.

The footsteps behind me are definitely his enemies.

But, why in the world have they come after me?

I don't know where exactly they are, so it's better to walk normally for a moment and take cover behind a tree.

Taking a few steps forward casually, I leaped to the side abruptly, leaning against the back of a tall tree.

And as expected, as soon as I leapt to the tree, the bullets came rushing to where I stood just a moment ago.