Chapter 36

240+ Votes!

----NOTE----

Hey, dear readers!

Please do comment on the chapters to encourage me and to share your thoughts and perceptions.

Also for those who are confused about the schedule : the updates will be given on Monday and Friday, if the vote target is met.

For any reason if I'm unable to update on a certain day, I'll let you know through the message board.

Enjoy reading!!!

---NOTE ENDS---

RAELYNN

"Promise me you will stay away from Vincent Marino and will never accept to be his bride.", Liam stated firmly, looking at me.

I was shocked at his request, but beneath that I felt my heart squeeze with a strange unease.

I have feelings for Vincent. I realized that the day I walked out of his house and asked him to leave.

But, what exactly are those feelings? How deep are they? How attached am I?

I have no answer for the questions that followed my realization.

Bride?

The word itself is sending a cold chill down my spine.

There's no way I would ever accept to be anyone's bride. I gave up on marriage a long time ago.

And yet, a certain gray eyed man keeps saying things that leave me flustered and my heart fluttering.

Giving up on love includes giving up on every emotion associated with it. But, I keep feeling emotions I've never felt before, the cause of those emotions too terrifyingly evident to accept.

"Raelynn", Liam's voice snapped me out of my drifting thoughts.

I cleared my throat, looking back at him.

"You're thinking too far, old man, there's nothing that serious going on between me and him.", I assured.

His brows curved into a displeased frown.

"Whom are you trying to fool? Me or yourself?", he commented in a taut tone.

"Why would I -", I started, but he intervened.

"I've seen it with my own eyes. His actions and responses. That man had his eyes focused entirely on you the moment he stepped into the garage. His gaze didn't waver from you even for a second even before you turned around to look at him. He took you in his embrace irrespective of his surroundings and people without an ounce of hesitance. Are you asking me to believe there's nothing deep about it?", Liam questioned seriously.

I felt a sting hearing that.

"I'm not sure about him, but I won't let things go too far.", I replied firmly.

Liam did not look convinced, but he didn't press the matter any further.

As silence prevailed for a while, I kept analyzing and digesting all the new revelations that I've been hit with today.

Liam had been Vincent's father, Riccardo's right hand man.

Liam trained Aurelio and walked out of the syndicate once he turned eighteen.